New Aura remote controls wont work - help please!

Our original Aura RM C01 has a sticky button so not working reliably.
I have tried three clone remotes (from Amazon) and none of them work - two are identical, a very cheap (and very lightweight) Chinese clone from these guys:

Screenshot 2024-10-09 at 13.25.49.png
the third is this one - also very low cost (also very low cost):
Screenshot 2024-10-09 at 13.26.20.png

Confusingly the reviews of these units seem to be mostly good, and they claim compatibility with Humax Aura FVP 4KGTR/UK/1TB (which is my model).
They suggest you just need to insert batteries and they should work - but they don't for me.

Any clues please?

I have tried un-pairing my original Humax RM C01 from Bluetooth, and it still works OK on IR, but the others still don't.
Is there some trick with setting different IR channels? Could that be the problem - that I have set my STB and Remote to another IR channel?

Last edited:
Is there some trick with setting different IR channels? Could that be the problem - that I have set my STB and Remote to another IR channel?
Possibly.

While your Aura is not recording update the remote to mode 1.
To do this use the old remote
Settings > Freeview Play preference > Box Assigning, and follow through setting the mode to "1".

But remember ...
watch out for remote control conflict. the Aura and Fox T2's remotes share same IR code!
You can change the ir code of Aura to fix this. However, when doing that you MUST switch off the FoxT2 box otherwise it changes that code too and suddenly you can't control the Fox T2 with the old remote!
If you still have the HDR-FOX T2 and its in the same room then you'll also need to use the HDR-FOX T2's remote to change the mode for the Fox and its remote to something other than "1".
If both the Aura and the Fox remotes are both clones then your stuck.

Our original Aura RM C01 has a sticky button so not working reliably.
I have tried three clone remotes (from Amazon) and none of them work - two are identical, a very cheap (and very lightweight) Chinese clone from these guys:

View attachment 7225
the third is this one - also very low cost (also very low cost):
View attachment 7226

Confusingly the reviews of these units seem to be mostly good, and they claim compatibility with Humax Aura FVP 4KGTR/UK/1TB (which is my model).
They suggest you just need to insert batteries and they should work - but they don't for me.

Any clues please?

I have tried un-pairing my original Humax RM C01 from Bluetooth, and it still works OK on IR, but the others still don't.
Have you thought about buying a proper genuine Humax remote control?

Have you thought about buying a proper genuine Humax remote control?
Yes indeed, and that's what I have ordered this morning in desperation. The cost is £34.80 compared to £11.99 (Inc next day delivery) for the clone.
However, I now realise that when that new unit arrives it will have the same problem unless I switch the Aura box back to Mode 1 following the excellent and helpful comments above by Luke😀

Fortunately I can send back my three clones for refund, and enjoy a nice shiny new Humax unit in due course.

The initial problem was that the Humax remote would do nothing at all. I tried new bats, rebooting etc etc.
There was considerable pressure from Mrs, so I ordered the clone because it would be here within a day from Amazon, actually about 8 hours!

After a frustrating few days I discovered that my Mrs was using the white Freeview button and it had stuck down.. huge clue. When released everything returned to normal.
So now I reckon I'm on the road to success, with the tip from Luke.👍

Many thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Success! Using Luke's tip I have reset the box to mode 1 and the clone remote works fine. It will be a useful backup to the new Humax remote when that comes.😀👍😀

Back