New Forum Section: Audio/Video File Manipulation

I would be happy to add this new forum, where would you suggest that it should be placed?
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this matter?

Well, seeing as it doesn't fit under "Humax Set Top Boxes" or "Broadcast Discussions" it will have to be "hummy.tv".

It doesn't fit under "Announcements", "Introductions", "Site/Forum Issues", or "The Hummy Arms" either, so proposing it shouldn't be on the main listing sounds like sour grapes. The alternative is a major reorganisation of the whole forum.

Personally, I think the forum would benefit from a major reorganisation.

Does anyone have any further thoughts or comments on this matter? I am happy to implement any changes that are required, but there doesn't seem to be much interest.

It does seem a little bit of a niche topic that can be covered by threads in existing forum sections.

But that spreads the knowledge about a lot. Would it not be a good idea to have it all in one place? Is not the whole of this forum a bit of a 'niche topic'?

Given that forum search tools tend to be pretty useless for finding older information, gathering any related info into a dedicated thread would generally be helpful. So I'm for having separate sections for this, and other subjects.

I would use exactly the same poor search facility as a reason to avoid Balkanisation of the forums. Seen it too many times down the years.

But that spreads the knowledge about a lot. Would it not be a good idea to have it all in one place? Is not the whole of this forum a bit of a 'niche topic'?

That would be better if symbolic links were allowed, so the same thread appeared in different fora.

How about creating some new sub directories under Humax Set Top boxes to tidy it up?

Humax Set Top boxes
-FreeSat
-Freeview
-YouView
-Other Humax/Non UK

I think a new directory for Audio/Video File Manipulation is a good idea, as its not technically a subject that should be limited to one specific box's forum - it can relate to quite a few if not all of them.

Back