New HD-FOX T2

sphexx

Just a line to say I've bought a new (as in brand new) HD-FOX T2 from Quay Television, Bridlington (via eBay). It came with Firmware 1.00.06 contrary to "1.02.20 is the earliest revision anybody is likely to be using" as written in the very helpful "Things Every ... " guide. The OTA updates seem no longer to work so I updated it to 1.00.29 from the links posted here - which seem to be impossible to find via Humax support web. So thanks to all - I've made a very small donation.

I've been using a FOX-T2 with external hd for years but finally got fed up with only being able to record one channel. I bought a refurb Humax HDR2000T but found I got no sound with my Samsung TV (4 years old non smart). Humax phone support were very helpful pointing me in the direction of turning off "anynet+" but unfortunately this is not a setting anywhere on this Samsung, though I have it on an older Samsung Monitor/TV, so I rejected the HDR as unfit and was readily given an RMA# etc.

Just a line to say I've bought a new (as in brand new) HD-FOX T2 from Quay Television, Bridlington (via eBay). It came with Firmware 1.00.06 contrary to "1.02.20 is the earliest revision anybody is likely to be using" as written in the very helpful "Things Every ... " guide. The OTA updates seem no longer to work so I updated it to 1.00.29 from the links posted here - which seem to be impossible to find via Humax support web. So thanks to all - I've made a very small donation.

I've been using a FOX-T2 with external hd for years but finally got fed up with only being able to record one channel. I bought a refurb Humax HDR2000T but found I got no sound with my Samsung TV (4 years old non smart). Humax phone support were very helpful pointing me in the direction of turning off "anynet+" but unfortunately this is not a setting anywhere on this Samsung, though I have it on an older Samsung Monitor/TV, so I rejected the HDR as unfit and was readily given an RMA# etc.
Contrary to your first sentence, you have clearly bought an HDR-FOX not an HD-FOX (but have posted in the HD-FOX section of the forum).

1.00.06 will be so full of bugs it really isn't worth suggesting that it is "in use". If you want to use the TV Portal, you will have to update it to 1.03.12.

Now start looking at the Custom Firmware for an even better experience, with greatly enhanced ability to act in tandem with your HD-FOX for watching recordings over your network.

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/humax-hdr-fox-t2-wont-connect-to-tv-portal.7892/#post-109138

Contrary to your first sentence, you have clearly bought an HDR-FOX not an HD-FOX (but have posted in the HD-FOX section of the forum).

1.00.06 will be so full of bugs it really isn't worth suggesting that it is "in use". If you want to use the TV Portal, you will have to update it to 1.03.12.

Now start looking at the Custom Firmware for an even better experience, with greatly enhanced ability to act in tandem with your HD-FOX for watching recordings over your network.

(Link removed)
No, I've bought a HD-FOX T2 identical to my existing HD-FOX. However I have also bought a used HDR-FOX T2 but have not yet received it. Gone a bit mad but the two of them have cost me less than the 2000T that I returned!
The 1.03.xx is no longer offered on the mysteriously hidden Humax update pages. I have found and downloaded from a Softpedia link - it looks OK but I'm a bit nervous about installing it since it didn't come direct from Humax.
I am going to try the Custom firmware too, possibly on this new HD before trying it on my old HD.

Thanks! As you will see in my reply to BH I've bought a used HDR-T2 as well but have not yet received it. I have rummaged about these forums (and the other place) when I got my original HD-T2 and over the last few days.
If you want to see the pros and cons of each available version, look at ...
A second-hand Humax HDR-T2 is probably the best box available if you want two tuners.

Thanks! As you will see in my reply to BH I've bought a used HDR-T2 as well but have not yet received it. I have rummaged about these forums (and the other place) when I got my original HD-T2 and over the last few days.

No, I've bought a HD-FOX T2 identical to my existing HD-FOX.
This confused me:
I've been using a FOX-T2 with external hd for years but finally got fed up with only being able to record one channel.
That seemed to imply you wanted an HDR-FOX, so it was natural to assume you had bought an HDR-FOX!

I am going to try the Custom firmware too, possibly on this new HD before trying it on my old HD.
There is really no need to be hesitant, especially when using a USB HDD with the HD-FOX.

As Brian said above, the best links to resources are hosted here, not anywhere else.

You can download the official firmware, and custom firmware from the following location.
Thanks! I thought I had tried that and that it linked to the Humax site - I must have got confused between my browser tabs - brain fart probably :-(

BTW I have problems replying to your posts because I am not allowed to repost your links in my reply but the software still objects even when I remove the link.

So don't quote at all unless it is necessary to clarify a point as BH has done above. Use the Post Reply button towards the bottom of the page instead, especially if you are just replying to the post immediately above yours.;).

Last edited:
Thanks! I thought I had tried that and that it linked to the Humax site - I must have got confused between my browser tabs - brain fart probably :-(
I see what I did now. The section further down the page titled "Official Firmware" offers 1.03.02 but that link to Humax is non productive.

Just put on the CF version - you will in the end anyway! The official versions are not hosted here for copyright reasons, but I'm sure we can rustle them up if necessary.

The official versions are not hosted here for copyright reasons,
Is that an official answer? I can't see how you can host custom versions which contain the official software if you can't host the official versions.

I'm sure af mentioned he was just a little disinclined to put up a copy of the standard firmwares, but I could be wrong.

So don't quote at all unless it is necessary to clarify a point as BH has done above. Use the Post Reply button towards the bottom of the page instead, especially if you are just replying to the post immediately above yours.;).
Ah, but how will you know beforehand it will be immediately above yours when you post yours?

Ah, but how will you know beforehand it will be immediately above yours when you post yours?
Eggzackerly! Actually I was just trying to be helpful because clearly, to me, quoting a link in a reply is not the same as posting a link. I perfectly understand why there is a rule against new people posting links.
Edited to say that my point was that even though I deleted the quoted link the software still "knew" there had been one and refused to post which was tiresome but not really a problem.

Last edited:
Mike0001. Because there are other, more tidy methods for indicating to what/who you are answering rather than quoting the whole message that itself quotes a previous message which itself quotes a previous message as is seen on some forums.
If your message is then 'clouded' by an intervening post, there is always the 'Edit' facility. Which of course can also be used to enable one to avoid two consecutive posts separated by a couple of mins.

@ BH. Yes you do, as if you are in the middle of typing, and someone else posts, just like I am now and you posted, you get a message pop up that says "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?" pop up, so you can have a read and then continue.

Not 100% reliable - there is a small window of opportunity for a post to sneak in just as you hit "post", but I doubt there is that warning on all platforms. What about Tapatalk?

Back