New version of software to fix iPlayer problem

So I have to accept the problems experienced by everyone else.
Thanks, but you could have cut to that chase - I was only looking for a working example, we have plenty of non-working ones.

So, what made you think...
iPlayer still works fine for me on 1.03.02.
?

...because the last time that might have been the case (without help from iplfix) is something like 3 years ago, and even with iplfix 18 months! It would be very interesting indeed if 1.03.03 in fact still works (regardless of lip sync issues).

Thanks, but you could have cut to that chase - I was only looking for a working example, we have plenty of non-working ones.

So, what made you think...

?

...because the last time that might have been the case (without help from iplfix) is something like 3 years ago, and even with iplfix 18 months! It would be very interesting indeed if 1.03.03 in fact still works (regardless of lip sync issues).
I thought iPlayer worked fine for me because I had not tried it enough times. From others' comments it seems that 1.03.03 is not good, and has the lip sync problem that 1.03.02 does not have but is made worse by iplfix.

My point is precisely what I said, stop being deliberately argumentative.
Your point was utterly irrelevant, stop cluttering threads with useless comments.

I thought iPlayer worked fine for me because I had not tried it enough times.
I apologise for labouring this, but speaking as one of the main correlators of information I can't keep advising iPlayer categorically does not work if it actually mostly does not work but might on rare occasions. Your posts read that you have had some kind of limited success where nobody else has reported same. "Not tried it enough times" does not correlate with "crashes within seconds of playback".

I acknowledge there's little practical difference, and call it OCD if you like, but for the sake of the sum of forum knowledge I'm trying to get a handle on this. The alternative is to write off your comments as a false datapoint.

but is made worse by iplfix
What does that mean?? iplfix only provides the missing authentication certificates for 1.03.02 which allow access to the iPlayer server, and has nothing to do with 1.03.03's lipsync bug (nor can even run with 1.03.03 because there is no CF release for 1.03.03).

Your point was utterly irrelevant, stop cluttering threads with useless comments.

I apologise for labouring this, but speaking as one of the main correlators of information I can't keep advising iPlayer categorically does not work if it actually mostly does not work but might on rare occasions. Your posts read that you have had some kind of limited success where nobody else has reported same. "Not tried it enough times" does not correlate with "crashes within seconds of playback".

I acknowledge there's little practical difference, and call it OCD if you like, but for the sake of the sum of forum knowledge I'm trying to get a handle on this. The alternative is to write off your comments as a false datapoint.

What does that mean?? iplfix only provides the missing authentication certificates for 1.03.02 which allow access to the iPlayer server, and has nothing to do with 1.03.03's lipsync bug (nor can even run with 1.03.03 because there is no CF release for 1.03.03).
It means that with iplfix I got the "Something went wrong" message. Without iplfix I didn't. That's why I deleted it.

It means that with iplfix I got the "Something went wrong" message. Without iplfix I didn't. That's why I deleted it.
That's because without iplfix your box is using the wrong certificate so attempts to use iPlayer will fail at an earlier stage.

Back