No Fan on 2000T?

Out of curiosity, why does the 2000T not need a fan and the HRD Fox needs one?
Who says? Just because Humax haven't fitted one (for cheapness) doesn't mean it couldn't do with one.

However, am I right in thinking the 2000T has a wall-wart PSU? If so, that is one source of heat removed from inside the case.

Who says? Just because Humax haven't fitted one (for cheapness) doesn't mean it couldn't do with one.

However, am I right in thinking the 2000T has a wall-wart PSU? If so, that is one source of heat removed from inside the case.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it has a wall-wart but is not large and doesn't get very warm. Does the original drive in the Fox have a lower efficiency (heat wise) hard drive? The 2000T's drive is a Seagate Video that draws about 12 watts according to the label.

1612518778215.jpeg

Can't see a wattage quoted on the label, but those currents add up to 3.7W. The Seagate product manual quotes 3.445W average operating (table 4). I suspect your "12W" is an absolute maximum (although the ST3500312CS quotes 2A @ 12V as the maximum during spin-up, which is 24W).

Wouldn't this discussion be better in the 2000T section of the forum?

Probably should be in 2000T forum but no more questions. As I am thinking of getting Fox just wondering...
My drive says 0.75 at 5 volts and 0.75 at 12v. So obviously different Seagate Video drive.

My drive says 0.75 at 5 volts and 0.75 at 12v. So obviously different Seagate Video drive.
What's the model number?

Regardless, I think you've provided yourself with enough indication that the 2000T might benefit from a fan!

Out of curiosity, why does the 2000T not need a fan and the HRD Fox needs one?
The HR-2000t started out with fans. I've owned two and they both had fans.

On some photos on ebay you can occasionally see the fan wires through the grid at the back.

The fan mount was part of the dampener chassis for the HDD. For the more recent units off the production line this was no longer fitted. I can't remember the date but it seemed to coincide with some reviews on Amazon stating that their box was noisy.

Mine must be a later one. It has no fan and the hard drive is not enclosed. Doesn’t seem to run hot. I do hear the hard drive but it isn’t loud.

Back