No Signal

Teg

Came home this evening, switched on the HDR-Fox-T2 as normal and surprised to see no signal on the TV. Changed the HDMI cable but still the same problem.

Go on laptop to check web interface is running. It is but it asks me to acknowledge a "blank" update. E.g. No information about what has been updated as you would normally receive including link to the relevant thread on this forum.

I have gone and updated all the packages and the web interface is now on 1.2.1

Web interface version: 1.2.1
Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2137)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)
Serial Number: 63 7104723 02004

Any advice? Feels rather random, the box I have had for almost four years and never had any issues like this.

Appreciate any help. I did a search on No Signal but found no relevant threads on the forum but if this has happened before please direct me to an older thread.

If the Humax is not receiving a signal, there is a message on the HDMI saying so. What about playing a recording - do you get video then, or even the media list?

Presuming the TV remains blank, the first thing that strikes me is the TV itself (not the HDMI lead). Has it switched away from the correct HDMI input? What about a SCART connection to the Humax?

Thanks for your response Black Hole. The issue here, is there is no signal from the Humax HDR to the television. The Humax appears to be running correctly, recording correctly in terms of what I can see onthe Web Interface. So the box itself is picking up a Freeview signal from the aerial.

I have tried all 3 HDMI ports on my TV and a two different HDMI cables. Still no signal being detected.

No crashes recorded in the crash log. Is there anything else I can try on the box via the web interface?

The hypothesis is that the HDMI interface has failed, but it remains to be seen whether the failure is at the Humax end or the TV end. Do you have another HDMI source? Do you have another TV? Have you tried the SCART yet? Have you power-cycled the Humax?

Just to close this thread off - the issue was not the Humax at all but all HDMI inputs on my Television - all fixed and resolved.

Thanks for your help troubleshooting Black Hole!

Back