No Signal

My old HDR Fox T2 has no signal. I was wondering if this may be solved by re-tuning? Open to what the problem may be, it stopped working when I moved house but the TV works and has perfect signal? I can't get beyond the no signal screen to retune, is there another way. On the box itself the channels do seem to be registering? Thanks

Ezra Pound

It sounds like the no signal message is being displayed by your TV, if so it is saying that it can't 'see' an output from the Humax at all, this would not be telling you that the Humax has no signal. Can you try another way of temporarily connecting the Humax to your TV?, e.g. SCART or composite video via the Yellow Video connector?, as I guess at present you are connecting via HDMI

Ezra Pound

If you can't get an output from the Humax there's no point in trying to re-tune, even without tuning, the Humax will output video to display menus etc. When you power cycle the Humax, it should display the 'HUMAX' logo on the TV screen, if you can't see this then Humax is faulty

MymsMan

Ad detector
What is showing on the Humax box itself?
Does the power ring light up? does the panel show any messages? does it appear to respond to the remote? Can you hear the disk power up/down?

OP
OP
StephenG

StephenG

The Humax lists the channels eg. BBC 2 but it doesn't show up at all on the TV, I was able to flick up through the channels on the HUMAX but nothing on the tv

OP
OP
StephenG

StephenG

Yes the channels are registering on the HUMAX, I can try on another TV tomorrow, I have tried all the input ports on the TV. Thanks for all the suggestions

Yes the channels are registering on the HUMAX, I can try on another TV tomorrow, I have tried all the input ports on the TV. Thanks for all the suggestions
How do you know? You said you moved house, does this mean you will be on a new transmitter as well, and you have retuned the TV? It sounds like the Humax could be showing 'BBC1' on its display for the old channel and needs retuning to a new transmitter.