No Subtitles on HD-Fox T2 on playback from HDR-Fox T2

MontysEvilTwin

The files have not been decrypted during the night (I left the HDR-FOX running)
encsummary still shows no decrypted files; auto.log as you recommended reading, has zero bytes.
I can see the HDR-FOX files listed on the HD-FOX, but unable to open as they are still encrypted (obviously)
So just really need to find out why the decrypting process hasn't kicked in.
I will go back over all my work and see if I have missed anything; most likely I have!
I looked in Wiki to see if there was a diagnostic command that would tell me which packages were running as opposed to which were installed.

Can you just confirm that you have turned Content Share on as requested by MontysEvilTwin in #9 and #20. It is set here :- Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> Content Sharing = On. No files will be decrypted if this is set to Off

@Room101. The network side is working, which is good. On the HDR-FOX, in Web-If>package management check that the auto-unprotect package is installed, and that the unencrypt package is not installed (from your earlier posts you may have installed this in the past: uninstall if necessary to be on the safe side). In Web-If> browse media files check that the My Video folder is flagged for recursive autodecrypt (there should be an open padlock symbol with an arrow by the folder icon) and look at some of your programmes: there should be a round green icon with dots after the filename (indicates that it is indexed by the DLNA server) and the orange 'enc' symbol should be absent.

If the above are true it should work. I also recommend doing a forced reinstall of Web-If, this should be possible from within Web-if, by opening Diagnostics, typing webif in the appropriate box and clicking on the force reinstall button. There are other ways to reinstall Web-If if this does not work.

@Ezra Pound. Apologies for not answering; Content Sharing = ON

@MontysEvilTwin.
As requested:
auto-unprotect package is installed
unencrypt package has been uninstalled as per your Post #9
In Web-If, I selected / media and then flagged My Video and with OPT+ I selected Enable Recursive Auto-decrypt
There is an open padlock symbol with an arrow by the folder icon
There are green circles with 3 dot symbols after each of the filenames
The orange 'enc' symbol is absent

All 'seems' to be in order, so I have forced the reinstall of webif via Diagnostics as you have suggested.
The following message has been on screen for some 20 minutes
"Forcibly re-installing package, please wait..."

The Web-If reinistall should be quick. Quit the browser, and reboot the HDR-FOX. You should be able to reinstall via Telnet: see here. Let me know if you are not familiar with using Telnet.

The Wiki page was built from the text in this Foxlink thread :-
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxlink-simple-way-to-link-a-hd-to-a-hdr.2974/
The af123 reference in #16 above is from #7 of the Foxlink thread, as far as I know the instruction to install nfs-utils is still current

Really? Dating from Feb 2013 (in the topic you cite, the same topic as I have already referred to):
Well, I have installed foxlink at both ends and so far got exactly the square root of zilch. Reading through the topic I am reminded the HDR's external drives will not be accessible by NFS, so once I have cracked this problem I will be heading for SMB anyway.

I have noticed the foxlink settings do not appear to stick (when refreshed the WebIF settings page returns to the default blank in the IP address and "HDR" in the local directory name field. Is this correct?
OK, it's turned up and functional now. Seems to need time to get going.

When I first set up foxlink I used the method described in the wiki, installing the foxlink package on the HD-FOX and nfs-utils on the HDR-FOX. I tried this again with two HDR-FOX units. This works too, you need nfs-utils on the server and foxlink on the client: foxlink does not have to be installed on both machines. However, when you install foxlink it also installs the nfs-utils package, so installing foxlink on both machines will also make it work. Uninstalling foxlink does not remove the nfs-utils package.

In summary foxlink installed on both machines: foxlink works. Foxlink on the client and nfs-utils on the server: foxlink works. So, putting foxlink on both machines is simpler as the user only has to install the same single package on each one. Installing the foxlink/ nfs-utils combo is more complicated as the user has to install two different packages, with foxlink on the client and nfs-utils on the server. To me it is swings and roundabouts: the first option is simpler but it has been reported that sharing content on a pair of machines both ways does not work with foxlink and the user might try and do this since configurable foxlink settings would be available on each unit in Web-If>Settings. The second option is a bit harder to set up, but the foxlink configuration options are only available on the client avoiding the potential problem I described above.

@Room101. Looking through the foxlink thread quoted by Ezra and BH, another user has reported what looks like the same problem as you are having. It was solved by a forced reinstall of Web-If.

@MontysEvilTwin.
I have been away for most of the day and just back home and come on-board.
Your comments about the other reader with a similar problem rings true.

I got fed up waiting.....so I quit the browser to stop the forced reinstallation of webif, after 30 odd minutes still showing "Forcibly re-installing package, please wait..."
I rebooted the system from the Utilities within Diagnostics and BINGO the decrypting process started.
In 'My Video folder' I have a sub folder 'Deleted Items/webif_autodecrypt' which has accumulated the *.ts files (original files ?) which I see will be deleted in due course.
The decrypted versions of these files are now seen in My Video folder with the green DEC icon beside the filenames.
I have been away most of the day and the process finished just after lunchtime, having taken over 14 hrs.
Perhaps webif was the culprit and as you correctly suggested, a reboot was all that was needed.

Telnet; I have a very basic knowledge, only having used it to format the 2gb memory stick for the HD-FOX at the beginning of this saga.
If I ever need to reinstall webif via Telnet, I will need to gen up on the matter.

So,
Just to say thanks to all concerned: Ezra Pound, The Black Hole and not forgetting your good self MontysEvilTwin in helping me sort out the 'problems' with my Hummy setup.
It's a pleasure to have people such as yourselves help a newbie out.
It's a pity I cannot buy you guys a pint, but the least I can do is make a donation towards the upkeep of the hummy.tv site.
Once again, thanks guys for everything.

Oops!!
I cannot make a donation for some reason.
I will check back tomorrow.

UPDATE:
Monday 12:30hrs
Still no joy.....

Back