Non-Freesat Manual Tuning Network On/Off and Dual Non-Freesat Recordings

MofTot

I would like to clarify a few things with the non-Freesat experts:
  1. In manual tuning, what's the difference between Network on and off? It seems that only when Network is off the manual tuning finds CNN HD, Bloomberg HD and Al Jazeera HD.
  2. On a looped tuner setup it seems only possible to record one non-Freesat (and optionally a compatible Freesat channel) at the same time. It doesn't seem possible to record two compatible non-Freesat channels at the same time, is that correct? Is that possible on a setup with two feeds? WebIf gives an error "Reservation NOT set - conflicting reservation already exists on channel" when trying to schedule a second non-Freesat recording when another non-Freesat recording is already in place at that time.
Thanks in advance.

As nobody else has offered any info, I've been trying to figure out what relevance a "network" option could have to tuning a satellite receiver. On terrestrial Freeview, the network option (should) automatically tunes all the channels for one particular transmitter, but that is geographical.

With a dual feed you still can't record two non freesat channels in freesat mode. You can manually start two recordings if you switch to non-freesat. This should also work in single cable mode provided both channels are in same band (high/low) and same polarisation (H/V).

With a dual feed you still can't record two non freesat channels in freesat mode. You can manually start two recordings if you switch to non-freesat. This should also work in single cable mode provided both channels are in same band (high/low) and same polarisation (H/V).
Thanks Graham, I didn't even consider switching to non-Freesat mode to test whether that changed anything, great idea. I'll test this on a looped feed this coming weekend.

Back