Noob question regarding copying HD files

Rushy5150

Apologies all for this noob question but how do I decrypt HD files (.ts) in order to watch them on a PC? do I need some special software on the Fox or can it be done on the PC? 'Any Video Converter' and 'Freemake Video Converter' will not recognise the file

Thanks all in advance

Shorter answer.
Install the custom firmware and set it to auto decrypt. This can decrypt the programmes once they have been recorded.

Can you link me to the custom firmware? Cheers - never mind - found it

Shorter answer.
Install the custom firmware and set it to auto decrypt. This can decrypt the programmes once they have been recorded.
There is more to it than that. Everything you need to know is in Things Every... or linked to from Things Every... section 5. When it comes to installing the Custom Firmware, there is a link to that from the footnote in Things Every...!

There is more to it than that.
Yes I know, but my reply was a quick overview without pointing the OP at pages and pages of mind blowing stuff, some of which has been deprecated and a link to a section wherein pretty much the opening phrase is
This article is now in need of an overhaul,

Shorter answer.
Where is that setting ? ..... I have the package 'Auto unprotect - Automatically remove decryption protection flag from HD recordings.' or is this something else.

(update) ... found out the setting, and also used the new method to download & decrypt in one step.

Last edited:
Where is that setting ? ..... I have the package 'Auto unprotect - Automatically remove decryption protection flag from HD recordings.' or is this something else.

(update) ... found out the setting, and also used the new method to download & decrypt in one step.
Auto unprotect removes the copy protection flag from HD recordings, but does not decrypt them

Back