Novel Use of the IMG Tag

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Bottletop came up with this in a post:

get occasional corrupt recordings and wonder if it may be due to a fault with my aerial as it happens to either HDR I feed from the one aerial.
It usually allows me to playback a corrupt recording. The HDR doesn't show a thumbnail - but this corrupt thumbnail image instead.
Video_Failed_New.png
I get a warning message when I try to play the recording - 'Recording failed:loss of power. Do you want to play this file?' . This message only appears on the first playback attempt. It often behaves fine after that - which suggest the fault was not fatal. As I can playback the recording I'm not too worried - ie in these cases it's a minor occasional fault.

The code for the in-line insertion of the graphic is
[IMG alt="Video_Failed_New.png"]https://hummy.tv/forum/attachments/video_failed_new-png.5775/[/IMG]

This usage isn't covered in the forum BBCode help, so what other tweaks are available?

I'm guessing you would need the ICODE as well :-
Sorry, what do you mean?

The code I quoted in post 1, within ICODE tags so it didn't get interpreted (I could have used PLAIN), is exactly what bottletop used in his post (as determined by quoting the post and then examining in BBCode mode). bottletop's original post only contains the IMG tag, not ICODE (except for his quoting the error message of course).

So that's an automatic presumption that I must be spouting a load of rubbish then. I get the picture.

Bottletop came up with this in a post:
The code for the in-line insertion of the graphic is
[IMG alt="Video_Failed_New.png"]https://hummy.tv/forum/attachments/video_failed_new-png.5775/[/IMG]

This usage isn't covered in the forum BBCode help, so what other tweaks are available?
I didn't do anything special, I just used the forum GUI drop down 'Insert image (Ctrl-P)' thing and followed the prompts.

Last edited:
forum GUI drop down 'Insert image (Ctrl-P)'
I don't recognise that, so I presume you're talking about a desktop OS rather than tablet.

CFA4C327-C4C3-4E44-837A-3551796B9805.jpeg

Testing CFA4C327-C4C3-4E44-837A-3551796B9805.jpeg testing

Testing DB7F33C4-ABE8-4873-8AB2-4ABE6ADA59B8.jpeg testing

This is the code generated above:

Code:
[ATTACH alt="CFA4C327-C4C3-4E44-837A-3551796B9805.jpeg"]5780[/ATTACH]

Testing [ATTACH alt="CFA4C327-C4C3-4E44-837A-3551796B9805.jpeg"]5780[/ATTACH] testing

Testing [ATTACH type="full"]5782[/ATTACH] testing

Not an IMG tag in sight! Something weird going on. And there's no mention of alt text in the BB Code help for ATTACH either.

Maybe... there's a lot of noise about accessibility, and having alt text on images helps screen readers (speech output for visually impaired people) describe the content (presuming the alt text is descriptive). New addition perhaps?

However: what prompted this was that the graphic in bottletop's post is inline, and I don't recall that being an option before. I might be wrong. But then when I looked at it, it had alt text which I also didn't recall having seen before.

Attachments

• 5D378691-FEDB-4B3F-8DE8-4308300E259A.jpeg
    5D378691-FEDB-4B3F-8DE8-4308300E259A.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back