NTFS-3G query

MontysEvilTwin

If you connect a USB hard drive (NTFS) and access it on the HDR-FOX (>storage>USB) the amount of used space is presented numerically and as a 'pie' graph. If you install the NTFS-3g package you get write access, but you lose the graph and values: it just says not available. Is there any way of fixing this? If not is there a way in Web-If of presenting the amount of disk space used as a percentage, in addition to giving the GiB value?

The humaxtv app. doesn't recognise the ntfs-3g filesystem and so fails to report the disk space available. I don't think it will be possible to fix this.

The humaxtv app. doesn't recognise the ntfs-3g filesystem and so fails to report the disk space available. I don't think it will be possible to fix this.
I thought that if it were easy to fix it would have been done by now. I wonder if the Web-If reporting suggestion I made above, which I elaborate below, is a go-er? I use a 1TB portable hard drive to store some TV programmes and other files. Web-If reports about 820 GiB used. I guess I have about 15% free, but without plugging it in to a PC, I can't be sure: how many GiB of storage are there on a 1TB disk? Not as difficult as 'how long is a piece of string' but not far off. Web-If reports the space used, if it could also report space free and, if possible, % used/ free that would be really helpful.

Just thinking outside the box a little - If the custom portal text can be edited to create pop-up menu selections
and the box can get the usage data from the drive maybe the blue button on the remote could be used to pop-up
the data?

I dont know if thats just rubbish or not - I havn't looked at the portal code (I have too many programming languages
in my head already)

It's too far out of the box. The TV Portal is implemented as a web page, and the button presses become inputs to the web browser. The web page URL gets hijacked and pointed at another web page to implement the custom portals.

The normal menus are created and interpreted within the humaxtv executable. It would be possible to intercept a button press, but there would be no way to tell what was on the screen at the time that it was responding to, and no way to pop up a graphic or other data over the existing display.

Shame. I've lost recordings because a drive filled up and there's no out of space message.
Can't have it all I guess.
While we're on the subject of hacks - would a ram test be possible to run - perhaps via telnet?

Back