Odd non-response problem

MymsMan

Ad detector
I was watching a recording when the humax stopped responding to the remote but the programme kept playing.

Webif was working normally so I tried the webif remote function but it ddn't respond to that either.

I tried webif reboot function but it refused because programme was active

When programme eventually finished picture froze and it didn't return to the recording list

I tried webif reboot function again but it still refused because it thought programme was still active

No response from font power button so I rebooted with rear power switch

Has anyone seen a similar scenario?

Most everyone I guess on occasions. Similar sort of stuff happens to me on rare occasions and only a power cycle will fix it.

Yes. This happens on an HDR-2000T as well. Ordinary power off by the touch pad on the front panel doesn't work - but a reboot cycle does - on the 2000T you just hold the on/off "button" for about five seconds and it reboots. Saves hunting around for the plug. (It doesn't have a rear switch!)

Yep. Very annoying if you're recording too as you have to wait for it to finish to power cycle.
Not so odd after all - I just hadn't noticed it happening mid playback before, probably because often I don't touch the remote and therefore don't realise it is non responsive.

When it happens during recording I am never certain whether it is successfully recording so I usually go for a reboot and manual record of remainder of programme

Did the soft restart of Humax without reboot ever make it out of Beta?
Would it help in this sort of alive but not responsive hang?

Did the soft restart of Humax without reboot ever make it out of Beta?
Not really. You could try "reboot -f" but it doesn't work properly if you have Dropbear installed as it doesn't kill the SSH server.
Or you could use my original script (if connected via Telnet).
Would it help in this sort of alive but not responsive hang?
I can't remember now if I've tested it.

Last edited:
Back