Only earliest recording showing in webif in any folder / disc

MalcolmC

I have a horrible problem. Although all seems well on the Humax HDR itself, when browsing recordings in webif I only see one recording in any folder and on either internal or external disc. It's the earliest recording in each case. I've tried switching browser and power off/on. Any suggestions please?

Take a look at webif-error.log on the diagnostics page and post the contents.

Something is going wrong in the formatting so we need the diagnostics to advise how to fix.

Thanks. In another thread I eventually found a similar problem which was fixed by deleting /mod/etc/queue.db, and that did it for me.

I eventually found a similar problem which was fixed by deleting /mod/etc/queue.db
Not a similar problem, shirley? An error in queue.db could (possibly) slow the WebIF processing down to a crawl, but I wouldn't expect it to produce the symptoms you stated. But then again, what do I know?

Queue.db seems to be responsible for a number of issues. Perhaps it is worth a simple system of deleting it somewhere in in webif or telnet menu, or an easily found set of instructions for the uninitiated, like myself. Sticky?

I normally have to ask after failing to find the code.

It's at posts 275 to 277 of '[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x': https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/webif-web-interface-1-4-x.7712/page-14
There's a link on every post (top right corner), in this case: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/webif-web-interface-1-4-x.7712/post-132278

It would be unwise to assume queue.db is responsible every time, and just delete it without further consideration. Probably doesn't do any harm, but if you didn't look at the WebIF error log we'll never know.

Not a similar problem, shirley? An error in queue.db could (possibly) slow the WebIF processing down to a crawl, but I wouldn't expect it to produce the symptoms you stated. But then again, what do I know?
Browse checks each entry against the queue to determine whether or not to display the Queued icon for that recording so it is definitely a possible cause.
Should probably be protected by a Catch so that processing can continue without the icons.

But it is by no means the only error that can occur which was was why I had asked for the error log before prescribing a cure.

It was by checking the webif error log and seeing there '/mod/webif/lib/queue.class:210: Error: no such table: queue' that I could then, by Google, locate the forum page I referred to, and thence a possible solution.

Back