Other TVs not working since HDR 2000T installed

Have you tried taking the PVR out of the loop. I.e. Put everything back to how it was before you had the PVR.
This may help to determine whether the PVR is causing the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Everything was fine until I plugged it in, so it is either the PVR or something I have done during the set up I think.

So, as I suggested, revert everything to where it was before you plugged the PVR in and see if it all works again.
If it does then the PVR is probably the problem. Otherwise it's somewhere in the original kit/setup.

I have put everything back to how it was and the other TVs are still not working, so could it be the wire I have from the TV socket into the Return socket that is faulty? Seems odd that this has happened at the very time I have installed the Humax but possible???

Buy a new bit of wire? I would do some basic checks on the current bit of wire. It's not the horrible pre-moulded thin stuff is it?

Each end should unscrew, then you can inspect the connection with the core and the screen.

I have to say though your set-up sounds very strange. I have done DIY systems where the aerial comes down to the living room, and then the rest of the house is distributed from an up-link so that the signal can include the VCR output, but never seen that as standard. The presumption therefore is that somebody before you did something similar. In my cases, the "rest of the house" went via an amplifier module hidden away somewhere - any chance you also have one and it's gone wrong?

I can't imagine this would be very hard to sort out if I was there to see for myself - do you have nobody who could help?

Seems odd that this has happened at the very time I have installed the Humax but possible???
Not really surprising, these things usually occur when you disturb things, e.g. To install something else.
I agree with BH try a different loop wire, or check the existing one thoroughly.

You should have two cables to try already - the one that originally came from the wall plate to the Humax, and the return cable. Just try looping straight from the aerial(TV) to return.

The return one will have the wrong connector on it (unless it uses an adapter).
I'd have thought it would have been a M-F cable. My faceplate which has a return on it has a female socket for TV and male for Return... forgot that the standard feeder cable is M-M though.

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all of your responses, I now have a fully working tv! It turned out to be a faulty aerial cable (not visible to look at, it was a break inside apparently!). All sorted now though! Thanks again everyone.

Back