Pi can see one humax box but not the other

wiab4355

Hi all, hope you can help.

Pi4/LibreElec/Kodi with 5 drives (USB, connected via powered hub) and 1 Humax HDR-Fox T2 connected. Tried to connect a second Humax box (same model, same custom firmware, same router), no joy. Tried NFS (the first Humax box is connected that way) and SMB to no avail.

If you need more info, just ask.

Thanks

Weird! Just tried to install "samba", got this message

!! ERROR - No network connectivity to package repository !!
Check your Internet connection and DNS service and then try again.

Reboot didn't help, still getting the error message.

Could the "package repository" server be down?

It be might from where you are, but it isn't from here.
I think you need to fix whatever is wrong with your network.
Tried to connect a second Humax box, no joy.
This is hardly very descriptive and doesn't do you any favours when asking for help. At least try and put some effort in. If you can't be bothered, then why should anyone else?

It be might from where you are, but it isn't from here.
I think you need to fix whatever is wrong with your networ
This is hardly very descriptive and doesn't do you any favours when asking for help. At least try and put some effort in. If you can't be bothered, then why should anyon

You mean you didn't have either installed? Were you relying on DLNA then? If so, the CF was irrelevant... and it might simply be that you haven't turned on the DLNA server. How were you expecting to see SMB or NFS????
Just checked, DLNA server is running. Sorry I'm not more technical, but I just can't remember going through all this with the first box. Still don't know why I can't install those two items.

Just checked, DLNA server is running. Sorry I'm not more technical, but I just can't remember going through all this with the first box. Still don't know why I can't install those two items.
Maybe you haven't set up the network correctly for the 2nd Humax? This will affect it's ability to communicate to other devices within your network (eg your raspberry pi) and beyond (eg internet).
For the 2nd Humax -
  • how does it connect to the network? Ethernet cable or WiFi usb?
  • are you setting the ip manually or DHCP?
  • have you compared the ip settings for the 2 Humax devices.
  • what ip are you using for the 2nd Humax?
  • what ip are you using for the 1st Humax?

Last edited:
Back