Picture disappears and replaced with sthing like "can't receive signal"

mihaid

Have had this a couple of times over the years. Most probably when t2 is recording and watching back another recording.

The only way to get it back is to wait until the recording finishes then rocker button off/on and restart playback.

Anyone had this and/or knows what's going on?

Have had this a couple of times over the years. Most probably when t2 is recording and watching back another recording.

The only way to get it back is to wait until the recording finishes then rocker button off/on and restart playback.
Are you able to play back the recording(s) that was being made when this happened? I think one cause of this problem is the box losing track of its encryption key but in that case the recordings can't be played back.

Probably not connected, but I've had similar problems with an old 9150T. Not sure whether it happens when recording and trying to watch something. It does happen if you play one of the games on the 9150T. After playing you can't watch a recording - "The channel is scrambled or not available". Restarting the box via the remote cures it.

Probably not connected, but I've had similar problems with an old 9150T. Not sure whether it happens when recording and trying to watch something. It does happen if you play one of the games on the 9150T. After playing you can't watch a recording - "The channel is scrambled or not available". Restarting the box via the remote cures it.
That's the message. I'm not sure that even though the red ring is on the recording does actually continue being made

So, does the recording-in-progress play? If it were a key loss problem, the recording-in-progress ought to be corrupt.

So, does the recording-in-progress play? If it were a key loss problem, the recording-in-progress ought to be corrupt.
It seems that the recording in progress probably stopped when the message appeared. What logs could I check ? I think I can pinpoint the time from the redring log. That's the moment I pressed stop on the remote then play then stop a few loops. How can I confirm that the recording in progress was stopped cause I have a feeling the redring rec stopped is not correct.

When I have had the problem I tend to reboot quickly and manually restart recording since I have never trusted that the recording would be watchable (if it was recording at all) and I wanted to minimize the lost recording.

When I have had the problem I tend to reboot quickly and manually restart recording since I have never trusted that the recording would be watchable (if it was recording at all) and I wanted to minimize the lost recording.
Yep, that's what I'll do from now on

Back