Playing media from FoxSat HDR on HDR 1000s over a Network

Foxsat-HDR

I've had a FoxSat HDR for sometime and have install the custom firmware so that I can record and copy un-encrypted HD recordings to my DLNA enabled NAS. I've just bought an HDR 1000s for another room in the house and connected both Humax boxes and the NAS on the same network.

I installed Twonky on the FoxSat HDR so that it appears as a server to the HDR 1000s. I can play back programmes recorded on the FoxSat HDR drive but it uses the audio description track. I've tried turning "AD" off on the remote and in the settings menu to no joy.

I've read other threads regarding streaming from a FoxSat HDR to HD-Fox T2 where it picks up the mp2 AD track rather than the ac3 one and the only way to resolve this is to strip off the AD track.

Has anyone else found another solution to this problem?

Same problem on a HDR1000s. Other than the solution offered I haven't found a way. I have asked if it's possible to switch the audio track allocation or delete the MP3 AD track within the CF. Answer is it might be but not very easy to achieve.

I agree, I have reported the issue to Humax.
This issue as well as the HDR 1000s not playing other video files in the correct aspect ratio makes what could be a great bit of kit a slight disappointment. Wishing I had bought another FoxSat now.

Has anyone successfully networked two Foxsat HDR together, installed either Twonky or Mediatomb and been able to play recordings that are on the other device?

I agree, I have reported the issue to Humax.
Did you ever hear any more about this AD problem? I’ve just replaced my FoxSat with an 1100s and some, but not all, recordings made on the FoxSat, then copied to my PC, play back on the 1100S with the Audio Description. The AD button makes no difference. When played back directly on the PC they’re all OK.

Did you ever hear any more about this AD problem? I’ve just replaced my FoxSat with an 1100s and some, but not all, recordings made on the FoxSat, then copied to my PC, play back on the 1100S with the Audio Description. The AD button makes no difference. When played back directly on the PC they’re all OK.

The custom firmware has a solution for this in the convertfiles package. Other than that you can open them on a PC using TSMUXERGUI deselect the AD audio track and remux with just the Dolby Digital audio track.

Back