Playing video from Laptop on FVP-4000T

Put a .mp4 file in the same folder and see if that gets listed.
The 4000T has now a strange 'problem', it won't switch ON using the RCU. I disconnect the power cable from the rear for
about 15 seconds before plugging back in. Sometimes only one channel ( the last used? ) is shown and nothing from
the RCU is working ! After a lot of messing about, I eventually manage to get it working again. BUT ! I expect the same
Problem will happen again, next time switching it ON ! Any ideas please ?

I have a 1 TB SSD USB Drive plugged directly in which used to work fine until the most recent update and then it started crashing whilst it was cataloguing
I removed all my Music media leaving only my Video files on it, and now it seems to work fine
So I can conclude that the Humax doesn't like large catalogues so you might try sharing just a small folder of files just to eliminate the cataloguing issue

The 4000T has now a strange 'problem', it won't switch ON using the RCU. I disconnect the power cable from the rear for
about 15 seconds before plugging back in. Sometimes only one channel ( the last used? ) is shown and nothing from
the RCU is working ! After a lot of messing about, I eventually manage to get it working again. BUT ! I expect the same
Problem will happen again, next time switching it ON ! Any ideas please ?

A few days later.......I have now been sent a NEW RCU from Humax, under guarantee. It is now working fine !

I was referring to the entirety of post #24.
But now after a careful re-read, it's not really surprising at all. A clean of the RCU would probably have solved the problem as well as a new one. The random line breaks did not help either. (Don't hit "Enter", just let it word wrap on its own)

A few days later.......I have now been sent a NEW RCU from Humax, under guarantee. It is now working fine !

Strange that the remote produces those symptoms.:frantic:

I was VERY surprised myself that it turned out to be the RCU !
I don't think he means his problem with remote file access has been magically fixed!

You may well be correct, ( about Remote File Access ) but so far this new RCU is woking FAR better than the old one. The new one is RM-LO8 the old faulty RCU was RM-LO3.

Last edited:
Back