Poorly HDR-Fox T2

Julie

This is a continuation of a question I asked a few weeks ago but I can't find the earlier posting so I thought I would start again.

I have several Humax Freeview products and they all started misbehaving at around the same time but to avoid confusion, I think I will ask the questions one at a time.

The HDR-Fox T2 (CF 3.0.2) in my dining room locked up with a still picture and no sound. The remote was not effective (yes, tried new batteries) and the "off" button on the box itself didn't work either so I did a "50Hz reset" using the switch on the back panel.

The box comes up with ""START SYSTEM" and the TV displays a static Humax page with Ver a7.31 in the corner. The box then changes to "Cust FW 3.0.2" for a while and then the TV screen goes green briefly then black before the box reverts to "START SYSTEM" again with the Humax page on the screen. It then repeats this endlessly. The remote control or the box buttons have no effect.

My first thought was to do a factory reset but I cannot find the button-press sequence instructions on how to do this of first power up. Can anyone guide me please?

Did you go through the fault-finding procedure I suggested here?
https://hummy.tv/forum/posts/134494

The first thing to do is to unplug the network and to update the firmware to 3.1.3
Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I cannot turn off the HDR apart from with the power switch. I did try re-loading 3.1.3 by inserting the USB stick and then powering on but it made no difference.

Looks like I'll be getting a screwdriver out soon.....

I'd like to see you install firmware with a screwdriver...
I think I have exhausted Section 1 of the "How to fix it" guide, Section two is not applicable so I'm on to Section 3 which involves disconnecting the hard drive......

I think I have exhausted Section 1 of the "How to fix it" guide, Section two is not applicable so I'm on to Section 3 which involves disconnecting the hard drive......
Does that mean that you weren't able to install any firmware update (Humax OEM, CFW3.13, or System Flush)? I think that, especially System Flush, is the best bet to fix your problem.

Does that mean that you weren't able to install any firmware update (Humax OEM, CFW3.13, or System Flush)? I think that, especially System Flush, is the best bet to fix your problem.
That is right. I cannot get the box into "standby", only off completely. I did try to load CFW3.1.3 off a USB stick from cold but it didn't load. I expect the System Flush would need to be loaded in the same way?

That is why I will be looking for my screwdriver soon....

Thanks to all members who are kindly supporting me on this.

By the way, is a Birmingham screwdriver like a Manchester one, also known as a FBH?

I did try to load CFW3.1.3 off a USB stick from cold
That should work just the same - as long as it finds a correctly named and valid file at root level on a USB port during boot, it should go into "downloading in progress" rather than the normal boot. The firmware update process is very picky though - you can't trust any UPD other than one that has been shown to work before (because of limited driver support at boot time).

That should work just the same - as long as it finds a correctly named and valid file at root level on a USB port during boot, it should go into "downloading in progress" rather than the normal boot. The firmware update process is very picky though - you can't trust any UPD other than one that has been shown to work before (because of limited driver support at boot time).
The USB stick is an identical one to the one I have used successfully in the past.

I will try again.....

If the USB stick does not work I would recommend you reformat it (FAT32) and try again. That has worked for me in the past.

Back