Poundstretcher

trog

With the gardening season soon to get going again I need to stock up on plant food, I usually use Miracle Grow All purpose so looked to see if anyone had it of offer. I looked at the offers page on the Poundstretcher web site and 1kg Miracle Grow plant food advertised in their sale listing for Now £9.50 , The R.R.P for this product is £7.99 and being sold for £6.99 at B&M £6.99 at The Range and £7.65 at B&Q.. Stretching £7.99 to £9.50 and claiming it was discounted is quite a stretch.

I thought the whole raison d'être of Poundstretcher, was to stretch the buying power of the consumer, not the profits of the company by applying negative discounts

I emailed Poundstretcher yesterday
" You have 1kg Miracle Grow plant food advertised in your sale listing for Now £9.50 , what was it before the claimed reduction ? The R.R.P for this product is £7.99 and being sold for £6.99 at B&M £6.99 at The Range and £7.65 at B&Q."
I just received a reply........................

Good morning,
Thank you for contacting customer service and we are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our prices.
Unfortunately, due to inflation and continually increasing prices from our suppliers and freight costs we are forced to increase costs on many of our products.
We do try to hold our prices and keep them as low as possible for our customers as we appreciate the disappointment in the change in prices, however on many occasions we are simply unable to hold our prices.
We apologise for any inconvenience and hope you can continue to enjoy visiting our stores.
Kind regards,
Emma|Customer Service

The stench of :poop: in that reply required a response.

"Thank you for the reply Emma but you failed to tell me what you were selling this product for before it was discounted let alone why even after the supposed discount it is still nearly 20% above R.R.P. The three companies I mentioned in my last e.mail are all also subject to the same inflation and rising costs as Poundstretcher but price this product below the R.R.P which has increased from last year."

Back