Power Off Timer defaults back on second reboot

martinr

Fox T2 HDR CFW 3.13

I set the Power On and Power Off timers using the remote to OFF.

I then reboot using the central fascia button and when I check the Power On and Power Off timers, they both show Off, as expected.

If I reboot again, the Power Off time has now changed from Off to the default of 03.00. Occasionally, the Power On also deaults back, to 05.00. This is perfectly repeatable.

This does NOT happen in Safe Mode.

If this is some obscure fault, I expext the best thing is to make a clean install of the CFW. There are no recordings, so I’m happy to follow any recommendations regarding the HDD.

So what would be the best way to do a clean re-install of the CFW, assuming there’s no simple fix?

Thanks.

Check your boot-settings settings in WebIF >> Settings.

Update: I don't see these parameters listed as tweakable by boot-settings. In that case, it appears to be some kind of fault doing this - maybe you have a flaky NVR. If so, this might explain your crashes too.

Last edited:
Check your boot-settings settings in WebIF >> Settings.

Here’s a screenshot of my boot settings. I’ve searched in case there were duplicate Power On/Off settings in the CFW but as far as I can see the only way to set them is via the remote (unlike Standby Power Saving and Automatic Power Down, which are available via the webif.)

Attachments

• 52FFF315-E8A3-4F61-8BAB-810B8F805130.png
    52FFF315-E8A3-4F61-8BAB-810B8F805130.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 11
Is 'Automatic Power Down' not the 'Power On/Off' switch in boot-settings ?
(Probably not - martinr's post came in as I was posting mine...)

I would install the system flush update to completely reset the internal flash memory.. you'll lose all of your settings but it should fix any corruption in the JFFS2 filesystem.
https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

Looking good: system flush and re-installation of the CFW done and several reboots carried out successfully - the Power On/Off timers remain Off.

I will try and resist the temptation to start installing packages to give the box a fair test at its basic CFW level before progressing.

Thanks to all. Fingers crossed.

Go on. You know it makes sense. If it fails again, refer to post #6:D

I just got a surprise: I’d assumed I would have to re-install all the packages, even the full webif, after a system flush and CFW reinstall, but, unable to resist, I did have a peek - and not only is the full webif there, but all the optional packages I’d previously installed have been installed, too. So I guess before the system flush a record of the installed packages is made, and is called up when the CFW is re-installed.

Looks like I only have to reinstate any specific settings I made.

System flush only re-formats the flash memory. Most packages are stored on the hard disk which is why they are still there. To be on the safe side, run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic to restore any bits which reside in flash.

And this may well be of no significance at all, but when I now look at Network Settings, the radio button is correctly on DHCP, but no network details are showing, whereas before (earlier screenshot), they were listed, but greyed out. Probably nothing, but maybe another indicator that if problems recurr, I should look first at the network settings and IP address allocations.

(Nevertheless, the IP address is the correct one manually assigned (staric) by the router.)

Attachments

• A1058B10-22CE-471A-9D41-03586FDEE4BB.png
    A1058B10-22CE-471A-9D41-03586FDEE4BB.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 7
System flush only re-formats the flash memory. Most packages are stored on the hard disk which is why they are still there. To be on the safe side, run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic to restore any bits which reside in flash.

Many thanks for the explanation. Will do.

Back