Power saving not working

Jane N

Hi, I’ve recently got a Humax FVP-5000T, and it’s fine except I can’t get it to stay in power saving mode. It’s OK when I first put it into standby, but after a few hours it seems to decide it’s had enough, and activates itself (so the TV works in loop through). I don’t want it doing that all the time. According to the settings, power saving mode is on, so I’m a bit puzzled. Has anyone else has this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks.

This sounds very odd, but I don't understand why it's a problem.

What time of the day does this happen? The unit will wake itself up from time to time for housekeeping.

I can’t get it to stay in power saving mode. It’s OK when I first put it into standby, but after a few hours it seems to decide it’s had enough, and activates itself (so the TV works in loop through). I don’t want it doing that all the time. According to the settings, power saving mode is on, so I’m a bit puzzled.
Have you set any recording timers?
If there is anything scheduled to record then normally it will start looking out for the start of the programme 18 minutes before the programme is scheduled to start. This causes the RF loop through to become active until the programme has recorded.

This sounds very odd, but I don't understand why it's a problem.

What time of the day does this happen? The unit will wake itself up from time to time for housekeeping.
Thanks. It seems to happen overnight. It’s OK when I go to bed, but when I get up in the morning it’s activated. It’s a problem because the unit is on (although still in standby, it’s humming and getting warm) when it should be off.

Do you know how often the housekeeping thing happens? Should it deactivate itself again after it’s done that?

Have you set any recording timers?
If there is anything scheduled to record then normally it will start looking out for the start of the programme 18 minutes before the programme is scheduled to start. This causes the RF loop through to become active until the programme has recorded.
Ah, that might be the answer. Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Thanks. It seems to happen overnight. It’s OK when I go to bed, but when I get up in the morning it’s activated. It’s a problem because the unit is on (although still in standby, it’s humming and getting warm) when it should be off.

Do you know how often the housekeeping thing happens? Should it deactivate itself again after it’s done that?
If the loop through is on first think in the morning then it does sun like a housekeeping bug.
Looking around there was a report a couple of years ago that stated that the overnight housekeeping kept some other services still running after the housekeeping had completed.

Looking around there was a report a couple of years ago that stated that the overnight housekeeping kept some other services still running after the housekeeping had completed.
That's useful. It might explain why I have other problems (ie. crashing) first thing in the morning if I don't auto power on. I don't have a permanent internet connection, so the Humax can't call home and it gets confused. :confused:

although still in standby, it’s humming and getting warm
That's not the same as having power saving in standby turned off. PSIS just turns off the aerial pass-through and the front panel display, everything else should be off anyway.

Back