PP3 Batteries

B&Q and Screwfix both tend to sell cheap stuff. I found myself returning some oval brads. 1 inch (25mm in new money) oval brads - they contained 25% with misshapen heads and/or off centre points, bad steel too, bent at the first sign of fight back from the timber.

B&Q and Screwfix both tend to sell cheap stuff. I found myself returning some oval brads. 1 inch (25mm in new money) oval brads - they contained 25% with misshapen heads and/or off centre points, bad steel too, bent at the first sign of fight back from the timber.
It's become clear to me that Screwfix will, or possibly their suppliers are forced to by SF's demands on pricing, slowly reduce the quality of unbranded items until the complaints start, then go back one level.

Also they'll carry something branded for a bit, then replace it with an unbranded equivalent then the process above starts.

That sounds like the principle of promoting someone to beyond their level of competence. Only this principle rarely includes the 'back one step'.

Back