Problem deleting file

Frank

I have had issues when playing files where the programme may freeze and message channel not available appears. After a short time the file continues to play and may freeze again with the same message or might just start playing again and not have the issue again. When watching such a program recently it played to the end. When attempting to delete it the delete loop occurred and I had to use telnet to clear the problem. The programme was originally 61 min long but now stops at 45 min so has been partially deleted. Repeated attempts to delete the file or folder it is in results in the delete loop happening again. I guess the file has been corrupted so I would welcome ideas as to how to delete it, if indeed it is possible. I have previously run fix disk so I am thinking that the playback of some files may have been affected to an extent. Other files in the same folder have either played without error or shown similar stop start behaviour but have deleted without a problem.

Have you tried deleting the recording via WebIF >> Browse Media Files? Locate the recording in question and use the delete option on the OPT+ button.

I have previously run fix disk so I am thinking that the playback of some files may have been affected to an extent.
i would suggest running fixdisk again and then posting the output from the hard drive diagnostic in the Diagnostics section of the WebIf.

the delete loop occurred and I had to use telnet to clear the problem
What does this actually mean? It's all a bit vague and non-specific. You need to describe exactly what's happening and what you're doing.

Yes, I did try that and I could see the file being deleted. However when I went into the video menu via the remote and tried to delete the folder that appeared empty, the delete loop came back. When I corrected that, the folder and the file were still there so I am back to square one. I can tell when the delete loop kicks in because the rotating icon next to 'delete' appears to be rotating slightly erratically and a file appears to be taking too long to be deleted. This is confirmed if you go back into video menu.

What does this actually mean? It's all a bit vague and non-specific. You need to describe exactly what's happening and what you're doing.
I used the command line and the routine to stop the delete loop. When you reboot the delete loop goes away.

prpr said:
I used the command line and the routine to stop the delete loop. When you reboot the delete loop goes away.
I still don't understand this. Would you please be so kind as to spell it out? Which command line commands? Which routine?

I still don't understand this. Would you please be so kind as to spell it out? Which command line commands? Which routine?
The easiest way if you have the custom firmware installed is to run fix-disk which will automatically correct the problem. It is usually true that the delete problem and file system corruption occur together so fixing both at once is the preferable solution. If you want to do from the command line then to quote the Wiki

"From the Custom Firmware Maintenance Mode run the following command line :-

rm /mnt/hd1/filebglastop.dat
"

Back