Problem transferring to Ext HDD via USB

The Hummy is not networked as in a separate area of the house and is not really practical to do so. I'm not fussed about about the time and repetition of the transfer to make it work.
I think you would find it so much easier if it was networked. Would WiFi work for you?

You would need to install 'busybox', 'inotify-tools' and 'hmt' before installing auto-unprotect.

Thanks xyz321. When you load the package via USB in addition to the file log there is another with the exension "done". It fooled me into thinking it was successful.
When pre-installing the dependencies you mentioned and then installing auto-unprotect you do not get the "done" file. Eh?

However it works like a dream! WOW.
So many thanks to you, af123, BlackHole and anyone I've missed for putting this together for idiots like me!
Though if you need DVD authoring I'm yer man!

It's definitely ended up as a mod topic! Maybe the thread title should be changed? Or can the last couple of posts be moved and started as a new thread?
I both agree and disagree. The main criterion (IMO) is where the topic is most likely to be found by somebody searching for the solution to their own problem. In that respect this is most definitely a non-mod topic. However, once the current redirect link expires I can reinstate a permanent one, and that should solve the problem.

That sounds interesting, I may well take you up on it. I have a one-off tricky project in mind. I will contact by private messaging (keep an eye on "Alerts" at top right of the browser page), but don't hold your breath.

Thanks xyz321. When you load the package via USB in addition to the file log there is another with the exension "done". It fooled me into thinking it was successful.
The log file should show success or why it failed.
When pre-installing the dependencies you mentioned and then installing auto-unprotect you do not get the "done" file. Eh?
I don't really understand this. The .auto file should be renamed to .done after it has been processed whether or not it has been successful.
However it works like a dream! WOW.
If it is all working for you then fine.

I may look into improving this process. At the moment the files have to be loaded in the correct order so that all dependencies are satisfied at each stage. In future it should be possible to load the package and all its dependencies onto a usb stick, then install them in one hit. This would require a firmware update.

Sorry to butt in cirens but you might be who I'm looking for in the Authoring section of the wiki page on Editing Files here http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Editing_HDR_Recordings#Re-Authoring

I started this to cover off free editing solutions for native HDR recordings (before drutt released his awesome on the box solution) but by request extended it to be able to include Converting and Authoring - so maybe if you fancy it and if you've dabbled with this you could fill in some blanks maybe?? :) You'll get the idea of it from the editing section. Any info would help because I've not done authoring at all so I'm not able to write anything useful on that particular section.

Sorry for the interruption everyone - normal transmission will now resume...

Oh, this thread has gone so O/T. Definitely needs a new title.

Sorry to butt in cirens but you might be who I'm looking for in the Authoring section of the wiki page on Editing Files here http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Editing_HDR_Recordings#Re-Authoring

I started this to cover off free editing solutions for native HDR recordings (before drutt released his awesome on the box solution) but by request extended it to be able to include Converting and Authoring - so maybe if you fancy it and if you've dabbled with this you could fill in some blanks maybe?? :) You'll get the idea of it from the editing section. Any info would help because I've not done authoring at all so I'm not able to write anything useful on that particular section.

Sorry for the interruption everyone - normal transmission will now resume...

Sure can help, lots of experience editing from the Humax PVR9200T and making "professional" DVDs. HD editing is a whole different ballgame :-(
Have gotten quite lost in the forums here with the (to me) backlog to go through. Can you point me to a thread you'd like me to join in with?

Back