Problem with Web-If and disk detection

MontysEvilTwin

Since the update to 1.03.12/ CFW 3.02 I have been having problems with my oldest HDR-FOX (bought approx. 4 years ago but with a replacement drive: 1TB Seagate Pipeline - advanced format). About 50% of the time after booting, I get the 'no disk detected' page (see below) when I try and open Web-If. I have run fixdisk in maintenance mode without problems, and I can always access recordings and start new recordings with the remote control. I can even access the internal drive over the network. Is it just a timing issue? This HDR-FOX does seem to take a few seconds longer to boot than the newer units I have running.
HDR1_webif.png

4ndy

Forum Supporter
I updated one of my boxes to latest CF to test the dedup problem I highlighted in another thread, and encountered the same problem. I put it down to me trying to access webif while it was still booting. Probably not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

Looking at this more closely it seems that if packages are being updated (auto-update) after booting, Web-If is not available until this is complete, though it does come up eventually. In these cases, recordings can be played back before Web-If is accessible.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
The web page you are seeing is served from the Flash memory, and by what you say is a consequence of the main WebIF web pages failing access and incorrectly being ascribed to the lack of a HDD by the web server. af123 needs to look at the logic involved, and maybe serve up a more informative message under these circumstances.