Programme title changes to description after AutoDecrypt

ElectroNick

The programme title in the Media List keeps changing to the the text of the programme description. I think this is happening when AutoDecrypt runs but it may be something else causing the issue.
This is happening to most but not all files.
I've had a look around the forum but couldn't see any mention of it, apologies if I've missed something obvious.
Can anyone give me a clue as to how to stop this.
Cheers

Think I've got the wrong end of the stick somewhere.
I was getting files doubling up every time it de-crypted - the processed file and original (in "original" sub-dir)
I was under the impression that De-Dup was to get rid of duplicates like above.

Dedup is meant to rename recordings which are otherwise all identical for programmes in a series, it does this by using the synopsis text. I'm sure this must be explained in the wiki.

Manual decryption keeps a safety copy of the original in a folder, which you can then delete when you are happy the decryption did not scramble the recording. Auto-decryption does not. The safety copy is a hang-over from the early days when we had less experience of the success rate and the process was less refined than it is now.

OK thanks, just had a bit more of a read about de-dup and see where I've been going wrong.
I was manually de-crypt'ing some stuff to begin with until I realised about the recursive auto-decrypt option. I guess that's where all the "original" directories came from.
Cheers for the help.

Dedup carries out two functions. one that you want and another that you don't. It de-Duplicates and also Tidys, have a look at the 'Proposed File Name / Title' columns in the examples HERE

Back