Providing Temporary Internet to a Non-Networked HDR-FOX

The problem is now solved.

I have recently updated to a smart-phone with data (Samsung Galaxy A3) and ditched my MiFi, and connecting to its WiFi hot-spot provides each client with Internet access... but also (unlike the MiFi) allows the clients to see each other on the network.

Thus I am now able to fit the relevant HDR-FOX with a WiFi dongle, set it up to access the hot-spot, and access the WebIF with the iPad (tested, proven).

I didn't think of that, but neither did I have that degree of control over it - Huawei E585.

I wanted to force it not to switch to HSDPA (which was equivalent to no connection, as far as I could see), and there was a possibility it could be done on a command line, but I never managed to get to the command line (not that I tried very hard). I seem to have lost the passwords (if I ever had them).

The problem is now solved.

I have recently updated to a smart-phone with data (Samsung Galaxy A3) and ditched my MiFi, and connecting to its WiFi hot-spot provides each client with Internet access... but also (unlike the MiFi) allows the clients to see each other on the network.

Thus I am now able to fit the relevant HDR-FOX with a WiFi dongle, set it up to access the hot-spot, and access the WebIF with the iPad (tested, proven).
Ha! I thought it was, but on two occasions I have tried to connect since the 'Fox has refused to connect to my hot-spot. I am sure the connection details haven't changed, but I tried re-entering them anyway.

Back