Python Snowflake Warning

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
That's TV is broadcasting Monty Python's Flying Circus "uncut", but wokery still has them superimposing a trigger-warning banner over the first few seconds:

THIS PROGRAMME REFLECTS THE STANDARDS, LANGUAGE AND ATTITUDES OF ITS TIME. SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND THIS CONTENT OFFENSIVE.

Bonus marks for spelling "programme" correctly. Points deducted for not including an Oxford comma. Not sure what I think about giving permission for viewers to be offended.

I just wish they had added "Hard luck – real life isn't always the way you might like it, and there's always the OFF button.".

That's TV is broadcasting Monty Python's Flying Circus "uncut",
Rumour has it that the remaining Pythons insisted on this. I wish all programme rights holders would do the same. I can just imagine someone trying to show The New Statesman. B’Stard (as a name and in full) would be “dipped” - making a nonsense of some of the jokes.

The place for the banner (if you really must do this) is in the space before the programme - not during it. Forces TV has a habit of squashing from bottom upwards the picture to insert such warnings. Like the forces don’t use fruity language.

Not sure what I think about giving permission for viewers to be offended.

Can I have a caption warning me that the following caption is offensive?

That's TV is broadcasting Monty Python's Flying Circus "uncut", but wokery still has them superimposing a trigger-warning banner over the first few seconds:

Bonus marks for spelling "programme" correctly. Points deducted for not including an Oxford comma. Not sure what I think about giving permission for viewers to be offended.

I just wish they had added "Hard luck – real life isn't always the way you might like it, and there's always the OFF button.".
Surely all current programmes should also be flagged with a warning that they contain language and attitudes of their time?

Perhaps you all miss the point.
Any culture is acceptable except british culture - which is offensive by default and must never be preserved.

I'd forgotten about Bstard - I'd love to see that again.

Back