Query about firmware on HDR FOX T2 from eBay

Tim.ivn

Hi Everyone

I currently own a Humax HDR FOX T2 with the original Firmware 1.02.20 installed on it. In order to stop the firmware being automatically updated, I have set a reminder between 04:25 and 04:35 every Wednesday. This is because I want to avoid the auto-retune problem which occurs with all firmware versions after this version whereby all recording schedules get deleted when a retune takes place.

It occurs to me that one day, my Humax HDR FOX T2 will irreparably die. I am therefore wanting to purchase another one on eBay which I will keep in storage until my current one dies. I will be asking the sellers what firmware version is installed on their machines but I suspect that for one reason or another a lot of them may not be able to reply to this question.

I remember reading a while back that some versions of the HDR FOX T2 are incompatible with Firmware 1.02.20. Is this correct?

Does anyone know how I can make sure that the machine I purchase will be able to have Firmware 1.02.20 installed on it if it is not installed on it when I receive it?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

Does anyone know how I can make sure that the machine I purchase will be able to have Firmware 1.02.20 installed on it if it is not installed on it when I receive it?
See the photo and the sub-text against the photos on this page
https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Which_Version

In order to stop the firmware being automatically updated, I have set a reminder between 04:25 and 04:35 every Wednesday.
It is very unlikely that they will ever broadcast again for the HDR-FOX T2.

I want to avoid the auto-retune problem which occurs with all firmware versions after this version whereby all recording schedules get deleted when a retune takes place.
Installing the additional custom firmware and the disable-dso package would make that extremely unlikely to occur.
Also the additional custom firmware can also auto-restore the schedule should anything, or anyone, delete the whole recording schedule.

Hi Luke

Thank you very much indeed for your very useful answer. Together with the link you provided, I think it has told me almost everything I need to know regarding this thread. However, I have one last question for this thread: Are any firmware upgrades on the HDR-FOX T2 irreversable or are all downgrades possible?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

For the SD Audio Description I have an HDR-FOX T2 on 1.02.20. It has been on later versions and also it has very temporarily been put on a 1.03 version to format the drive and then put back to 1.02.20 again with no problems arising.

I also have a 1.03.12 running with the disable-dso package and have had no uninvited retunes. Plus when I want to I just retune the schedule is rebuilt. The uninvited retune on 1.03.12/1.02.32 and loss of schedule is only an issue if you are not using custom firmware.

For the SD Audio Description I have an HDR-FOX T2 on 1.02.20. It has been on later versions and also it has very temporarily been put on a 1.03 version to format the drive and then put back to 1.02.20 again with no problems arising.

I also have a 1.03.12 running with the disable-dso package and have had no uninvited retunes. Plus when I want to I just retune the schedule is rebuilt. The uninvited retune on 1.03.12/1.02.32 and loss of schedule is only an issue if you are not using custom firmware.

Hi Luke

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

Back