Radio controlled clock/DECT phone - interference ?

I moved the phone but intentionally did not touch the clock which led me to my conclusion in post #4. I do like the clock and phone on the same bedside cabinet especially overnight. The clock displays an aerial icon when it is receiving a signal which helps so I will probably move the phone for a couple of hours during the day which should allow it to sync (plus, if I remember, overnight on the clock change
dates !).

MSF / DCF77 clocks look for time signals at diferent times, but the majority (of the ones I own), don't 'look' every hour, most look for 3 / 4 consecutive hours starting at 2am

MSF / DCF77 clocks look for time signals at diferent times, but the majority (of the ones I own), don't 'look' every hour, most look for 3 / 4 consecutive hours starting at 2am
Mine looks at 1, 2 and 3 am for 10 minutes each time. I guess the reception may be better at night.

For the record in the original room mine failed more than worked in two different locations and orientations. It's orientation is now similar to one of those and working well.
Incidentally our phone base station is, unsurprisingly, in the same area as the router, so there are 2x 2.4GHz (and a 5GHz) there.

I guess the reception may be better at night.
It is also the tine od day that the GMT / BST shift happens, so it needs to be looking then.

there are 2x 2.4GHz (and a 5GHz) there.

Like in a lot of electronic equipment, there will be other frequencies (CPU clocks etc.) that are present apart from the transmitter frequency

They have a ferrite rod aerial which is directional, so turning the clock through 90 degrees can greatly increase it's reception capabilities, however, you may end up not being able to see the display easily

I finally found the ideal placement of the clock and phone. As long as the clock is over six inches away from the phone and the face is oriented in a south westerly direction it works fine.
Now just have to find a place to put my coaster for my morning tea in bed !

Back