Randomly switches to standby - SOLVED

MrFilly

Hi, we are using a FOXSAT-HD to receive the IRN (sky news) feed, for our local radio station. Randomly the box keeps going into Standby. When 'On' the news is received every hour (2 minute program) and works perfectly. During the remaining 58 minutes, a test 'tone' is broadcast every 20 secs. (i.e. there's always something being broadcast)

Any ideas why it's randomly goinginto Stanby? Sometimes it will be 2-3 days, other times it will within 24hrs.

Many Thanks

Any ideas why it's randomly goinginto Stanby? Sometimes it will be 2-3 days, other times it will within 24hrs.
You haven't mentioned the settings that you are using to optionally go into standby automatically. Have you checked your settings?
When Automatic Standby is set to Enable the FOXSAT-HD automatically switches to standby mode after a period of inactivity to help reduce the amount of electricity used.

Hi Luke, thanks for a quik response. I will check if this option is enabled (we were assuing it wasn't a setting, as it appears to be at random time intervals). I'm not sure when I'll be in the studio next, so it maybe a couple of days before reporting back. Thanks.

Still going into Standby - Checked settings and yes, Enable Standby was enabled, so we un-enabled it; however, in less than 24hrs, box is back in standby, but now its' showing the time on the front display, rather than nothing.....

Just in case anyone else needs to know, there are two settings. Enable Standby AND Enable Power Management - both need to be set to Off to stop the box going into standby.

Back