RC Helicopter Problem

Generally true.
It's the 'C' rate.
Yeah, but there's another technical issue: now I know the difference between protection circuits, it is clear at least some of these higher capacity batteries are intended for lower current applications (the thin wires are a clue), for longer intervals between charges. That Aliexpress unit seems to have short fat hairy legs, but the protection circuit is clearly of the low-current type.

OK, so I transplanted the protection board as a trial, but there's no telling the actual spec of the cell behind it.

So I think the answer is to look specifically at spares for drones, and they seem to be marked "20C" - which I gather means (assuming a 1Ah unit) 20A? I guess that marking might have been one which got cleaned off my original battery.

Just as an example, this one:

...but no weight specified (oops: see below).

Last edited:
I made the mistake of looking in the specifications!

1612091263697.png

...however, if I had looked further down:

1612091347013.png

But I'm not very interested in this particular one, because it is not being stocked here. It gives me something to search for though.

So I think the answer is to look specifically at spares for drones, and they seem to be marked "20C" - which I gather means (assuming a 1Ah unit) 20A? I guess that marking might have been one which got cleaned off my original battery.
...although I notice a lot of products advertised as "20C" or "25C" are not marked as such. This is a minefield!

Back