Beta [Real-time scheduling] schedule without rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at my schedule 2 series recordings that I added yesterday have disappeared from the schedule after successfully recording the first episodes and another series that I deleted has popped back into existence.

It appears as if the in memory schedule has been updated but this has not been reflected in the persistent copy loaded on reboot.

Last edited:
You could be on to something there. I run my machines 24/7, so they are not (as a rule) refreshed from NV storage.

Performed a test by scheduling a series recording of "Make me an egghead". The recording took place 1 hour after the schedule was added. No reboot in between. At the end of the recording, the series schedule was removed. Normally the series moves to the end of the schedule list.

Another point I noticed which may not be significant. Normally when a series recording is added, you can right click the episode in the box's schedule and see the next available episodes. When scheduled via webif, the next episodes are not available until a reboot is performed.

Last edited:
Following on from my post #40. South Today wasn't recorded as the TV screen's schedule said. In fact, pressing the yellow button still shows it top of the list, even though its time has passed. As it was a series link I'd have expected tomorrow's episode to be in the list now, but it isn't.
WebIf Schedule still has it as Finished, and there's nothing in the Timer List.

** Power cycled **

Now the TV yellow button schedule shows South Today back in for 18:30 tomorrow.
The WebIf schedule shows entry 10 back in for tomorrow:
upload_2016-8-23_19-56-33.png
And the Timer List shows South Today back too:
Code:
10    South Today    3    0    1472059800    AR    1472058870 - Wed Aug 24 18:14:30 BST 2016    80453 (22:20:53)

This feature obviously still has a few kinks to work out; I've updated the first post in the thread to reflect that.
Thanks to those who have tried it so far and for the feedback you've posted. If anyone has reproducible ways of making it fail I'd appreciate them as test cases.

I just added 3 New Tricks from Drama in RS. I waited until 'last seen' showed that it had seen WebIfand, when I looked at the WebIf schedule, it was empty. I awaited the 'last seen' to be updated in RS and the schedule in RS was also bare.
I did a restart from Diag but nothing came back. I then did a 'big button' off, waited for a minute then a 'big button' on. Still nothing in either schedule (except for 'disable ota').
I have now restored the schedule from the last backup and both schedules have returned. I had set a timer (reminder) for 0420 to 0455 using 200 which has not been reinstated and the disable ota is still there.
I suspect I am unable to recreate this scenario but if there is anything I can do to assist please let me know.
Fortunately I took a screen print of the RS schedule before it had 'spoken' to WebIf...
To keep harmony in our household I have reluctantly turned off Real Time Scheduling for the time being

Last edited:
The 'Remaining' field in the internal timer list seems to correspond to the time remaining until the box is due to come out of standby to make a recording. When the recording starts, this value changes and becomes the time until the event is due to finish. With RT scheduled events scheduled in advance, the countdown time to the start is correct, but after recording starts it can get set to a value longer than the programme; about 2 hours 39 minutes seems common. However, the recording may still complete at the right time, so I presume another varible is used to define the end time?
EDIT: I set two recordings by RTS. Both completed correctly. One of them overlapped with a longstanding, series-linked recording. The series linked programme was still recording about an hour after its scheduled end time. I stopped it manually. The timer for the series linked programme has disappeared. af123 - you could try scheduling a recording by RTS to start before and overlap with an existing timer recording (with series link, or one-off) to see if is reproducible.

Last edited:
Could szCrid and szEventToRecord be case sensitive?

On website(beta) scheduled recordings they start off in rsv.db in lower case but the same series scheduled normal way start off upper case in the rsv.db database.

Also on the rsv.db (from website>>diagnostics>>databases) the szsttime entries have an extra "0\x01" at the end when series are scheduled normally but absent when series scheduled with the website(beta) option.

Last edited:
I repeated the test by scheduling a further 2 series recordings, "The Big Bang Theory" & "Stop! Roadworks ahead". The schedule for each program was dropped once the program completed. Seems reproducible to me. Happy to be a test case.

1. Add schedule via WebIf (Beta method)
2. No reboot or standby between schedule addition and start of recording.
3. Program records successfully
4. Schedule gets deleted.

In addition to the comments from Border, i also notice that additions to rsv.db fields "szevtname" & "szfpbrecpath" made by WebIf are different than the same entry added when scheduled via the remote. WebIf adds \x15New: Hell's Kitchen, the schedule via the remote was: \x10i7New: Hell's Kitchen. Every other schedule made with the remote all start x10i7, WebIf entries start \x15.

schedule-jpg.2489

Last edited:

After reading this I tried a reboot between scheduling a recording with webif and then powering on before the recording. The original entries in the rsv.db were lowercase but after reboot they were uppercase and the series link worked after the recording ended.

Just for the record, my no 2 box (with RT) had a runaway recording last night. Midsomer murders ITV3.

Let me know if there is something I should check.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks all - useful stuff. I might have a handle on the runaway recordings now, more testing to do.

I repeated the test by scheduling a further 2 series recordings, "The Big Bang Theory" & "Stop! Roadworks ahead". The schedule for each program was dropped once the program completed. Seems reproducible to me. Happy to be a test case.

1. Add schedule via WebIf (Beta method)
3. Program records successfully
4. Schedule gets deleted.

I can report that the same happened to me last night. I scheduled a series recording of the cricket ODIs in the afternoon; three recordings were shown in the Webif EPG but only one in the on-box EPG (although it did have a series flag). The first programme recorded correctly but the schedule disappeared. Another thing to note is that the recording that was made was filed in My Video, not in a folder.

I can report that the same happened to me last night. I scheduled a series recording of the cricket ODIs in the afternoon; three recordings were shown in the Webif EPG but only one in the on-box EPG (although it did have a series flag). The first programme recorded correctly but the schedule disappeared. Another thing to note is that the recording that was made was filed in My Video, not in a folder.
If the entries are being treated by the Humax software as one-off recordings rather than series it would explain why they are disappearing from the schedule after the first recording, and being stored in My Video rather than the series folder (I can confirm this)

Right, webif 1.3.2-2 will shortly be available. A reboot will be required after upgrade in order to activate the new nugget.

This one is consistently working for scheduling series for me now. The recordings are being placed into folders and the schedule entry is no longer being unceremoniously ejected after the first episode is recorded.
I've also made some more changes to try and address the runaway recording issue. As I don't have a reproducible way of triggering this I can't be sure that it's fixed but at least if it happens again the logs will be more useful.

The problem wasn't in the information being placed into the schedule database (although I've fixed the CRIDs to be upper-case for consistency with the Humax software) but rather a kind of in-memory EPG cache which wasn't being populated for new schedule entries (nor was it being cleaned out when things were removed).

The different name prefixes that Terrahawk spotted are just different encodings. HD channels tend to use the \x15 prefix whereas SD use \x10i7. The custom firmware always uses \x15 as it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm not sure what the stray \x1 at the end of the sztime field means (spotted by Border) - it could mean something or be a bug in the Humax software somewhere. I'll do more investigation when time permits.

There's another change in this webif too - Trev reminded me that the progress bar shown on the schedule screen is just time-based. As a side-affect of the RTS project, I have been able to fix that. The recording icon and progress bar are now only shown if the recording is actually in progress. There's also a new icon shown if the box is actively looking for the AR signal for the schedule entry (I need a better icon but it wasn't the main priority this evening!).

Thanks again for the feedback so far and let me know how this one works for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back