Beta [Real-time scheduling] schedule without rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested scheduling 3 different series recordings. The box crashed and rebooted immediately after each recording was scheduled from WebIf.

Crash.png

crash2.png

And what the heck is the uptime entry all about. It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.
Note to self. Don't use CF to schedule programmes

And what the heck is the uptime entry all about. It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.
Note to self. Don't use CF to schedule programmes
The uptime is just the time in seconds from when it booted to when it crashed. Using the CFW to schedule programmes (without real time scheduling) works really well, and just requires a reboot to upload the entry. I'm sure that RTS is going to make it even better. There are just a few wrinkles to be ironed out.

Ah. I forgot. I switched off the real time scheduling when the first problem arose. I assume that it's OK with that switched off? I nearly always schedule with the CFW as HWMBO is usually watching something when one is to be set.

Yes. nugget is not involved when the RTS setting is "no" (and it's nugget that is under development).

I tested scheduling 3 different series recordings. The box crashed and rebooted immediately after each recording was scheduled from WebIf.
What software version are you running? I successfully tested this on 1.03.12 but each version needs different memory addresses and it's possible I mis-transcribed something.

Web interface version: 1.3.2-2
Custom firmware version: 3.10 (build 2734)
Humax Version: 1.02.32 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.10)
Loader Version: a7.30

nugget 0.93 now in the repository. Should fix the crash problem with older software versions. Sorry about that - my main development box is now running 1.02.32 so I will at least be able to easily test on that and 1.03.12 before release.

nugget 0.93 now in the repository. Should fix the crash problem with older software versions. Sorry about that - my main development box is now running 1.02.32 so I will at least be able to easily test on that and 1.03.12 before release.

Thanks, it's all part of the course and what a beta is for.
I can confirm my box no longer crashes with the new update. I'll report back once a few recordings have completed.

I can confirm my box no longer crashes with the new update. I'll report back once a few recordings have completed.
Great, thanks. It wasn't a transcription error, the internal data structure used to hold schedule entries is four bytes bigger in 1.03.12 than previous versions so the offset of the EPG data is different between the versions. When I get some time I'll look to see what the difference is.

Yes, but there's no telling whether Trev remembered to reboot after nugget updated. On the other hand, if he's running 1.03.10, he was probably OK anyway!

First class af123, many thanks. :D I've done a number of series recordings and all seems good :thumbsup:

Out of interest, when do reminders get removed from the schedule? Should it be removed when the programme start time is reached, or at the end of the programme. I seen a reminder was still in the schedule after the programme has started. I've not looked before to see what the normal behavior is. It was removed after the box was put into standby and woken up again.

Last edited:
I tend to give it a reboot whenever I change any of the settings on the CF as a matter of course whether it's needed or not. (just for luck and it wont do any harm and how often have I seen the question here"You have rebooted/power cycled, haven't you?" to someone who has a problem.)
It was removed after the box was put into standby and woken up again.
You mean after a reboot:D. I rest my case;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back