Rebooting....

TomT

Over the last few days my HDR T2 has powered on fine then after a couple of minutes the display shows rebooting and counts down... and then reboots..

Any idea why it's started doing that ?

Web interface version: 1.0.5-3
Custom firmware version: 2.11
Humax Version: 1.02.28

Do you have Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> Content Sharing = On? if Yes, have you added anything to your network that is running a Twonky Ver. 7 DLNA / UPnP server or Cyberlink PowerDVD Ver. 11 & 12? these servers are known to cause the Humax to crash

Upgrading the software on my QNAP NAS to QTS v4 helpfully included the upgrade of TwonkyServer from v6 to v7, which had exactly that effect on my HDR. Uninstalling the v7 QPKG and replacing with v6 put everything back to normal again, leaving the NAS at the QTS v4.

:D I updated my NAS earlier this week with the latest Twonky !
I've disabled Content Sharing and will see if that helps..

Upgrading Twonky didn't help anyway..

Disabling content share is only a diagnostic measure (unless you are happy to keep it off - but it is essential for custom decryption).

Hi
I've downgraded my NAS's Twonky as it wasn't working as I needed anyway.
I'm re enabling content sharing and have bought a Raspberry Pi.

I can now watch the programs I want and was trying to watch via Twonky on my Pi and hopefully I'll be able to stream some content from the Humax to the Pi.

Hi guys,

Just a quick note, I had the same issue myself before reading this. I also run the undelete package and when the box rebooted, the undelete package didn't work.

Once I downgraded twonky to an earlier version and rebooted the box, everything went back to normal.

Chris

undelete still won't work, the CF goes into a self-protection mode if the Humax reboots immediately after starting up. In the WebIF, go to the diagnostics page and type fix-flash-packages in the diagnostic box.

Could the engagement of self-protection mode be flagged up on the WebIF (or even the Fox display) so the guesswork is taken out?

A button next to the warning in WebIF that ran fix-flash when pressed would be even better, but just a label saying to do that would be enough. Otherwise people like me have to trawl the forum to find out for sure what it was we are meant to do, rather than risk doing what we think we are meant to ... and breaking it properly :confused:

Back