Recently found and installed Custom Firmware

hummybee

Hi All

Thanks you raydon, Black Hole and all concerned, for this very nice upgrade to my HDR Fox T2.

Still looking through all the details, options etc. but would like to suggest a couple of options/features (assuming I haven't missed them!) to include in the next upgrade.

1) When viewing the EPG, would it be possible to have an option to 'auto refresh' the 'time-line' say every 60 seconds (or a chosen amount of time).

2) Is it possible to control the fan speed?
For example, a choice of Fully Auto, Summer, Winter and Fixed settings as follows:-

Fully Auto - As now and the Default setting.
Summer – Stays at HALF speed, but auto increases to FULL speed if /when required.
Winter – Stays at QUARTER speed, but auto increases to HALF and/or FULL speed if /when required.
Fixed – Choice of OFF or QUARTER or HALF or FULL all the time.

Hope I have posted in the right place and thanks for reading my first post.

1) When viewing the EPG, would it be possible to have an option to 'auto refresh' the 'time-line' say every 60 seconds (or a chosen amount of time).

This can be done with a browser add-in or as standard (right click) in the free Opera browser, which is one of the reasons for my choice of Opera just for webif access to the Humax. It also remembers all the tabs I had open last time.

Hi 4ndy

Thanks for replying.

I'm use Firefox so just searched for 'auto refresh' add-ons and a number of options come up so will check them out.

If any Firefox uses could suggest the best one, that would be good.

Is it possible to control the fan speed?
For example, a choice of Fully Auto, Summer, Winter and Fixed settings as follows:-

Fully Auto - As now and the Default setting.
Summer – Stays at HALF speed, but auto increases to FULL speed if /when required.
Winter – Stays at QUARTER speed, but auto increases to HALF and/or FULL speed if /when required.
Fixed – Choice of OFF or QUARTER or HALF or FULL all the time.
The Custom Firmware is not currently able to control the fan speed

Thanks for your recommendation 4ndy.

I'm trying Reloadevery add-on atm. Nice and simple but may give Auto Refresh a try if I feel I need something with more options.

Hi Black Hole.

With my PC, other than the CPU fan, fans are set to a constant low speed (low noise) rather than waiting for the HDD to get 'hot' before using the fans to cool it down.

In my situation, looking at the monitoring graphs, the HDR Fox T2 HDD gets to a certain temperature, then the fan goes from off to quarter speed, then half speed, then (sometimes) full speed then the whole process starts over.

If the fan was on all the time the HDD temperature may not vary so much which I feel would be a good thing.

Also, it's a very small fan and can sometimes be heard above ambient noise, particularly at full speed.

Not a biggie, just a nice to have.

All IMO.

One good thing about the way the Humax currently works is that it is perfectly possible for it to wake up, recording something for an hour and go back to sleep without the fan ever coming on. Of course, that depends on the environment!

Back