Recorded programmes disappeared on 5000T

shalebing

I have a couple of strange problems with my 5000T. I did have a number of recordings in my list and was shocked tonight to find they have all mysteriously disappeared apart from one - the most recent recording from last night. However when I tried to play it a message of Recording Failed Due to Invalid File Format appeared. As an experiment I tried to record a programme manually that was currently on screen but this didn't work and I had a symbol in the top right a bit like a No Waiting road sign. I then set it to record a programme that was due to start a couple of minutes later but when the time came the recording did not start although the programme appears in the recorded list.
I suppose my questions are as follows:
1. Have all the programmes that were previously on my list now been lost and are unrecoverable?
2. Why are any new recordings I attempt to make not working?

Many thanks for the reply. I did switch the unit off overnight at the wall plug and have checked this morning and all recordings are back. Isn't technology infuriating at times? I should have realised what a power off/on can do as I worked in IT support back in the 90s and that was usually the first thing we'd suggest to a user having a problem. :laugh:

it should be "Always"
The problem with "always" is when there is unsaved work which will be lost by injudicious use of the off switch, and which might be saved by appropriate rescue measures. That doesn't really apply to a PVR.

Mine did that. It's a hard drive error. You might be able to save it by formatting which can only be done with a factory reset unfortunately. In my case it only lasted a few days before it did it again, and again, and again. I tried 2 replacement drives without success, flogged it in eBay as a repair and bought an new fvp 5000

Mine did that. It's a hard drive error. You might be able to save it by formatting which can only be done with a factory reset unfortunately. In my case it only lasted a few days before it did it again, and again, and again. I tried 2 replacement drives without success, flogged it in eBay as a repair and bought an new fvp 5000
Thanks for the info. Luckily it has been behaving since the power off/on but if it starts being troublesome I'll probably get rid and upgrade.

Back