recorded programmes lists have been severely edited...

marino

hi all. not seen anyone with this problem but hoping someone will have an answer?

a few weeks ago, box went mental and reset itself. saved programme details have disappeared and it LOOKS like it's been reformatted. but when i look at the HDD Control, most of the hard drive is used and i'm assuming that that means all the saved programmes are still there just not now listed in the recorded programme list.

i now have only several new recordings showing and really don't want to reformat and lose what is a saved list going back a few years now.

any ideas?

thnaks

marino

hi all. not seen anyone with this problem but hoping someone will have an answer?
You haven't looked very hard then as it is a well known problem.

a few weeks ago, box went mental and reset itself. saved programme details have disappeared and it LOOKS like it's been reformatted. but when i look at the HDD Control, most of the hard drive is used and i'm assuming that that means all the saved programmes are still there just not now listed in the recorded programme list.
Sounds to me as though the file system has become confused. The only real way of fixing it is to format the hard drive from the HDD Control menu item. If you really want to recover your invisible recordings then the only reliable way is to open up the Humax and connect the hard drive to a PC. You can then use a program called humaxrw to download the programs to the PC. because the list of recordings is damaged you will have to use recovery mode in humaxrw.

i now have only several new recordings showing ...
Every new recording increases the risk of not being able to recover to PC more of your older recordings. If you don't want to risk loosing your old recordings then do not record any more programmes until you have extracted everything that you can using humaxrw.

Back