Recordings failed

MikeSh

Had an odd one last night. Three recordings set - one an existing series on BBC One that has been working a few weeks, one a series set up yesterday on BBC Four, and one a single recording also on BBC Four. All were set using the Humax on screen menus.

Edit: About 10 mins before the start of the first recording I happened to notice the front ring had gone blue and I actually thought "OK, that's working". Didn't notice it again after that though.

None of them worked, and no errors were given (there were no entries in the media folder).

Late last night the two series were still in the schedule, showing next week's episode, and the single programme was also still there, though with --:-- times like an ended series. The programmes were still showing in the epg for earlier in the evening (it was about 11:30pm when I was checking).

This morning the single prog has gone from the schedule.

(This is on the 'good' box, not the one with disc faults I've been discussing in another thread.)

Any ideas on WTF just happened?
Anything I should perhaps do, like reset the box to defaults? (CFW is installed)

Last edited:
Possibly the box hung or crashed, were you using to watch tv or recordings at the time or was it unattended at the time? Any unexpected /missing boot records in activity.log?

You can reset the box and/or use system flush but you may never know if you have actually fixed anything - it could just be one of those random unexplainable hiccups that happen,

Mine crashed while time-shifting yesterday, picture froze but audio continued (most peculiar - that suggests at least the audio path is being DMAed onto/off the HDD without software intervention).

Mine crashed while time-shifting yesterday, picture froze but audio continued (most peculiar - that suggests at least the audio path is being DMAed onto/off the HDD without software intervention).
My 2000T crashes is a similar way, the picture freezes but the sound continues. The box will not respond to anything but a power recycle or a kick up the reboot button (by reboot button I mean hold the on/off button on the front panel until it reboots).

I had the same problem last night. Turned off Humax (standby) at 9:40 pm. Had set a recording for 10:45 but did not happen. I also have a reminder set between 4 and 5 am this morning but did not happen.
Nothing in any logs. Spooky or what !
Turned on with remote this morning and all okay.
Hopefully just a one off...

Today Countdown on Channel 4 failed to record with no trace and I know the box had not crashed because it successfully recorded 'London Kills' on BBC1 at the same time plus I was accessing the box via Putty .

Unlike an epiosode last week which was not broadcast this episode was broadcast because I am currently watching it on More 4

Unlike an epiosode last week which was not broadcast
Yeah, what was that about? They didn't say why. I don't know how far ahead these are recorded, but it must be pre-distancing, and this week Rachel no longer has a bump (with hardly a break).

Yeah, what was that about? They didn't say why. I don't know how far ahead these are recorded, but it must be pre-distancing, and this week Rachel no longer has a bump (with hardly a break).
Apparently it contained some discussion that was considered inappropriate given the current covid-19 situation
The baby arrived before Christmas so they were a good 3-4 months ahead with pre-recording

Today Countdown on Channel 4 failed to record with no trace and I know the box had not crashed because it successfully recorded 'London Kills' on BBC1 at the same time plus I was accessing the box via Putty .

Unlike an epiosode last week which was not broadcast this episode was broadcast because I am currently watching it on More 4
Duh, senility setting in
The reason Countdown didn't record today was because I had skipped recording that episode :confused: 😩
I should use programmes I want to watch as testcases for new function I am developing

My 2000T crashes is a similar way, the picture freezes but the sound continues. The box will not respond to anything but a power recycle or a kick up the reboot button (by reboot button I mean hold the on/off button on the front panel until it reboots).
how difficult is it for humax to make a box that does not crash?

Had an odd one last night. Three recordings set - one an existing series on BBC One that has been working a few weeks, one a series set up yesterday on BBC Four, and one a single recording also on BBC Four. All were set using the Humax on screen menus.

None of them worked, and no errors were given (there were no entries in the media folder).

Late last night the two series were still in the schedule, showing next week's episode, and the single programme was also still there, though with --:-- times like an ended series. The programmes were still showing in the epg for earlier in the evening (it was about 11:30pm when I was checking).

This morning the single prog has gone from the schedule.

Time goes forward in BST but sometimes schedules don't?

Back