Recordings: playback tracking position wrong

Hello,

Numerous time I'm finding that the position tracking of my playback position (trick-play?) is wrong by many minutes (perhaps 10-20?).
This is especially the case for HiDef recordings.
These are processed files; decoded, ad-detected (a striped out copy).
Resume MAY also fail, putting me back many minutes.
Playback position can seem stuck (it shows on my front display or playback bar) then when I next notice/look it's jumped forward many minutes (but may be reading wrong again).
Although I'm not sure, I think un-shrunk recordings work OK (so probably BBC, although I will also shrink most of these, manually or dir flag)

I've had a forum search but can't get the right search key words to find a suitable helpful thread/posting.

Please advise.

This is a fault introduced by cropping and/or squashing. The .nts file contains indexing data and it isn't being correctly patched up by the processes you are using (possibly because they ware set up before we knew how to patch up the .nts). Try regenerating the sidecar files, that should fix it.

Try regenerating the sidecar files, that should fix it.
Might, I can't remember now. The timestamps in the .ts are not regenerated either, which is what probably screws that up as well.
I gave up with nicesplice et al, as they are definitely not nice.
Someone posted an ffmpeg incantation somewhere to fix the timestamps, but it's a whole load of wasted time/effort when you can just press the skip button a few times.

This is a fault introduced by cropping and/or squashing. The .nts file contains indexing data and it isn't being correctly patched up by the processes you are using (possibly because they ware set up before we knew how to patch up the .nts). Try regenerating the sidecar files, that should fix it.
Just some more information should it be useful.
I've noticed a particular problem with a series recording of 'The Curse of Monkey Island' where the 60 minute recoding is reduced to 37 after ad-removal (the file I would normally watch)...
Here it will often seem to stick at the 4 minute point. Stopping playback and resuming will put back the play point many minutes. It does move its position eventually but I've never noticed when.

So I tried your idea; regeneration of the NTS file (via the Opt+|Sidecar Files|Create new NTS file? option).
On playback the progress bar does now seem to move along, but then I noticed the play back bar tracks to 60 minutes. Oddly gets to its end and keeps playing for some minutes more.

Back