Recursive auto-decrypt stopped working after upgrade (solved)

geoffd

I recently did an upgrade to my customised firmware and noticed after a few days that no new recordings were being decrypted even though I have always had recursive auto-decrypt set on the My Video folder. When I checked the auto.log there were no entries in it after the time of the upgrade. I checked that Content Share was still set. I looked at the My Video directory and there was a file .autodecryptr in it.

I thought I would try to set recursive auto-decrypt again using webif and after I had done so I noticed that I now had an icon against the directory and when I checked the My Video directory again I found a new file, .autodecryptR, in it. After this the auto-decrypt started running again.

I assume that at some time the indicator file has been changed from .autodecryptr to .autodecryptR but I could not spot any reference to it in the wiki or forum.

Hopefully this will save time for anyone hitting the same problem.

Hi,

I noticed that auto decryption of video files stopped working sometime after 7th March. I can't remember whether I was using unencrypt or WebIF Recursive Auto-Decrypt. After setting the Recursive Auto-Decrypt flag on /media/My Video all I ended up with was several days of video files in the Queued Tasks list waiting to be decrypted. Today I've added the Recursive Auto-Decrypt flag to a single folder containing one video file and after a few hours it hasn't appeared in the Queued Tasks list and doesn't have the green Dec icon. Manual decryption works fine.

The .autodecryptr file is there as mentioned in the above post. Does this need changing to .autodecryptR even though the Recursive Auto-Decrypt flag is showing?

Last edited:
Is your WebIf up-to-date (1.4.2-3 1.4.1-6)?
If not you you may need to go to a command line/Webshell session and select the upgrade option from the menu.

Last edited:
Is your WebIf up-to-date (1.4.2-3)
I can't see this version, the latest one showing is 1.4.1-6 so I upgraded to this and auto decryption still didn't work. I then went to the Telnet Menu and selected "fixweb" and there are now 18 video files in the Queued Tasks list and they are being decrypted. :)

Thanks

I can't see this version, the latest one showing is 1.4.1-6
Oops, 1.4.1-6 is the latest release version. 1.4.2-3 is the latest beta. I had forgotten/overlooked that.
Anyway, good to see you got it working.

Back