Register of Weird Crash Symptoms

OP
Black Hole

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I used WebIF to access the "headless" HDR-FOX I use to make recordings from radio and convert for later consumption in the car. Some scheduled recordings were missing. The WebIF schedule browser showed no active EPG entries for them (when they should have been rescheduled for next week as continuing series).

Foolishly I ran fix-flash-packages and thereby killed ir (there is a problem with the ir package at the moment which means it can't be reinstalled when fix-flash-packages deletes it and tries to reinstate it).

Rebooting fixed it: a crash must have stopped settop but not WebIF, so the EPG wasn't being updated and recordings were not being made, despite still having access to WebIF.

Last edited:

/df

Rebooting fixed it: a crash must have stopped settop but not WebIF, so the EPG wasn't being updated and recordings were not being made.
One hopes that it must have hung as the system should have rebooted if settop crashes.

My most common weirdness ...

Video partition (at least) gets marked as RO, settop possibly hangs (audio can continue, video freezes, no response to remote or buttons). On crashing or being killed or s/w reboot forced, HDMI doesn't work. Power cycling restores it.