Remote control not working

Hopefully it is the batteries, its just 3 months! lol.

The Harmony looks nice, will stick it on my Christmas list, if its not the batteries :) Cheers :)

If jiggling the batteries make it work temporarily, it's the batteries on their last legs being given a little relief by being disconnected for a short time and recovering fractionally. We used to do that with the transistor radio - turn it off and then on again and it worked briefly, so it couldn't be the batteries right? Change the bloody batteries!

I was called to attend a problem with a TV handset not working. Turned out to be the cheapo corner shop batteries, husband in dog house.

Hopefully it is the batteries, its just 3 months!
3 months?! :eek: There I was thinking that the 2000T remote, lasts a minimum of 6 months!

If it is the remote then as it is less than a year old you will probably be able to get the seller or Humax to replace it fairly easily.

Have you got a multimeter that measures voltage on load?

My expression was a general comment aimed at people too miserly to buy decent batteries, or change them before they start leaking!

Have Humax stopped supplying "Rocket" batteries with their remote controls? All of my boxes are still using the original Rocket batteries in their remote controls, the oldest being more than 4 years old.

Back