Remote Control Oddities

Rbz5416

A couple of weird ones.

Firstly is a T2 that was returned to me from loan some time back. Thought I'd finally get round to wiping it & factory reset, but the remote doesn't work. I can see the IR through my phone cam but I can't control the box or bring up the code switching option with 0+OK. Another remote works so definitely the remote. Only slightly odd thing is that the LEDs under the mode buttons are a little dull, despite fresh batteries. Terminal are clean & I've popped it open & wiped the PCB & buttons down with some IPA. Is there a factory reset for the remote or any other suggestions?

Other oddity is the original remote for mine that I dug out to test. I don't use it as I have a Harmony. This is working but some odd behaviour from the PVR LED. When a button is pressed the LED flashes as expected but then seems to enter some kind of programming mode. After the initial button press flash the LED flashes twice, a small gap & then five times. Does this for every button press.

The second one is weird.

I have an NEC-format IR decoder, built for a work project some years back, that would give the codes being sent by the first one but that's no help to you.

You could try ir3/debugon diagnostic on the Diag page to Enable remote control input to be logged in the humaxtv.log

Other oddity is the original remote for mine that I dug out to test. I don't use it as I have a Harmony. This is working but some odd behaviour from the PVR LED. When a button is pressed the LED flashes as expected but then seems to enter some kind of programming mode. After the initial button press flash the LED flashes twice, a small gap & then five times. Does this for every button press.
I think that is to let you know that the batteries will need changing soon.

Well that was odd, both symptoms were indeed caused by duff batteries. I'd opened a new pack of four & even checked the voltage, but it looks like they had no current capacity. Another new set in each remote & all is good. The one that was flashing a sequence was programmed to code set two, so don't know if that was somehow reflected in what it was doing. Interesting that it had remembered it was on set two, despite having sat with no batteries in for a couple of years at least.

Thanks for the replies.

Interesting that it had remembered it was on set two, despite having sat with no batteries in for a couple of years at least.
EEPROM/Flash, internal to the controller here, although programmable remotes often have an external 8-pin I2C/2-wire EEPROM.

Back