Remote oddity

everthewatcher

Forum Supporter
Just bought a used early remote on ebay - the one with the translucent battery hatch strap which comes apart easily - and on out-of-the-box testing there's a funny.

All the other remotes I've got here, regardless of age and version, transmit a single IR code on pressing PVR, TV, DVD & AUDIO but this one doesn't. The buttons work and light up, just no code transmitted to the HDR so no confirmation pops up on screen.

[Later]
I've now pulled it apart, using the iSesame spudger pair I wish I'd got when they came out. Not a trace of gunk under the keypad but there are some signs of use including a couple of cat/dog hairs.

Batch code on the PCB is cryptic but the IC has U950 so possibly week 50 of 2009 so I'm guessing it's a very early one?

Last edited:
The buttons work and light up, just no code transmitted to the HDR so no confirmation pops up on screen.
That rings a bell.

The 3-digit remote should have a sticker in the battery compartment with MDB 1.3
The 4-digit remote should have a sticker in the battery compartment with ADB 1.0
(with the footnote there is no guarantee the stickers are actually correct) "3-digit" or "4-digit" refer to the number of digits in the configuration codes for programming devices onto the TV, DVD, and AUDIO buttons.

This package also adds the option to disable the on-screen notifications of remote control mode changes which appear with later Humax firmwares and newer remote controls.
(ie 4-digit ones)

But... are you sure you haven't got them suppressed in the WebIF >> Settings >> Settings for ir package?

Just bought a used early remote on ebay - the one with the translucent battery hatch strap which comes apart easily - and on out-of-the-box testing there's a funny.

All the other remotes I've got here, regardless of age and version, transmit a single IR code on pressing PVR, TV, DVD & AUDIO but this one doesn't.
The very original remotes do not transmit an IR code on pressing PVR, TV, DVD or AUDIO. Your remotes that do are later versions.

The very original remotes do not transmit an IR code on pressing PVR, TV, DVD or AUDIO. Your remotes that do are later versions.
The remotes that do are a mixture of first (natural retaining strap) and second (black strap) versions so this must be a very early one.

From a thread linked to by BH above this one may have been sold with an HD-FOX T2 which might explain its condition.

Last edited:
Back