• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Renumber Package

Hi All,

I've just had to replace my hard drive and tried to reinstall all the packages. The "Renumber" package appears to be no longer available on the Web IF. I found the package "renumber_1.0.0_mipsel.opb" and downloaded it. I thought that packages could be copied to a USB stick and installed from there just by plugging it in when the box is up and running.
I can not get it to install. Can anyone tell me how to do it please?

Ezra Pound

I found the package "renumber_1.0.0_mipsel.opb" and downloaded it. I thought that packages could be copied to a USB stick and installed from there just by plugging it in when the box is up and running. - I can not get it to install. Can anyone tell me how to do it please?
That is the correct procedure for loading from USB, unfortunately the USB interface on the Humax is very choosey about what it will and won't copy files from, I would try another Flash drive and also read through the Wiki notes (Click HERE) , if you can't manage to load the file via USB there are other ways to install this file by FTPing it onto the Humax