Repair Shop

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Note the royal edition of The Repair Shop scheduled for 26th October is not in the same series link as the series just gone.

I wondered why I had no recording for last week nor schedule for tonight, and found the series ended the previous week. The programme tonight seems to be a repeat.

Thanks for the heads-up. Really wish the BBC would stop mixing new and repeats screwing up the series link! Oh, and the inconsistencies on other channels where series link is multiple "seasons" (eg. TPTV Main Chance) but others are one "season".(eg. Great - Castle). WTF!

Also note that there is a new series of The Repair Shop starting Monday Afternoon 15:45, runs each weekday, as well.

Is it new material, or just a re-hash?
According to Aunty this is a continuation of Series 9, beginning at episode 21 (episodes 1-20 were aired Mar/Apr this year).
As far as I can tell these are all-new episodes although the mid-afternoon screening does make me wonder....

Is it new material, or just a re-hash?
It is listed as 'new series'. It starts at episode 21/40. I have noted that the series that has been running on Wednesday evenings has also been part of a series of 40 (IIRC it has been less than 10 episodes). There had previously been a series that listed starting at 1/40, but stopped after about a dozen episodes, which also fits, so I think this afternoon series is a continuation of the one series.

I suspect you are correct in saying that tonight and last week are repeats as tonights is listed as 5/14, so a different series to the x/40 that has been running.

I also wonder why next Wednesday evening 'royal' episode has been set up as a series, all the advertising gumpf seemed to be talking of one episode, but maybe it is more than one.

[edit] corrected episode number[/edit]

Last edited:
The Programme webpage for the Repair Shop gives the default series and their episodes.

Series 9 is marked as 40 episodes but currently only has 30, of which 20 of those were broadcast in 2021 and repeated earlier this year. Episodes 20-30 are now in the process of being broadcast for the first time starting a few days ago on Monday afternoon.

Series 10 has 14 episodes and is currently coming to the end of its first broadcast.

Back