Repeated single event recordings

Pinky22

I'm becoming more and more disenchanted with the 5000T since my T2 went down a week ago.

Yet another 'very' irritating problem has raised its head.

Searching through the EPG I'll spot a film I'd like to record so I'll click OK in the listing and I'm offered, 'Record this program', NOT 'Record whole series' as generally films aren't part of a series.

The film records OK but if the same film is transmitted a day or so later on the same channel it gets recorded again. My friend who has the satellite version of this box also experiences the same problem. The T2 or Foxsat never used to do this.

This is just another problem in the increasing list with the 5000T.

I really think Humax have 'lost the plot' since the brilliant T2. A comprehensive firmware update is needed and come to think of it perhaps they could learn from, or at least consult the real experts who wrote the CFW for the T2 and the Foxsat HDR.

The film records OK but if the same film is transmitted a day or so later on the same channel it gets recorded again. My friend who has the satellite version of this box also experiences the same problem. The T2 or Foxsat never used to do this.

No, the HDR-FOX T2 can also do this. I deliberately tried out a couple last month where the split film was not also part of a series and the HDR-FOX T2 on the latest software not only recorded both parts of the first broadcast for the film but also the repeat of the split programme a few days later.

No, the HDR-FOX T2 can also do this. I deliberately tried out a couple last month where the split film was not also part of a series and the HDR-FOX T2 on the latest software not only recorded both parts of the first broadcast for the film but also the repeat of the split programme a few days later.
That's surprising. In the many years I had a T2 it performed faultlessly. I only bought one on the recommendation of my neighbour who had discovered the very early beginnings of the CFW. In all I had 3 T2's. One new and one manager's special refurbished and 1 second hand from eBay. None of them duplicated a one off recording, split or not. When my last T2 died last week I weighed up the pro's and con's and reckoned as they were now a bit long in the tooth it wouldn't make sense to buy a second hand unit again. Guess I've just been unlucky with them but because of the stupid way the 5000T is behaving I might actually look into buying a second hand T2 and trust my luck.

What's interesting in your post is the part about 'The Latest Software'. Thanks to the custom software I was able to stop Humax updating my box OTA. Maybe that's the solution. The early firmware was actually reasonably good but the 'latest' firmware is full of bugs. Keeping up to date with all the forum threads I could see that the CFW guys seem to have addressed many of the problems the Humax firmware had 'Out of the box'.

Searching through the EPG I'll spot a film I'd like to record so I'll click OK in the listing and I'm offered, 'Record this program', NOT 'Record whole series' as generally films aren't part of a series.

I find it much easier to just press the Record button instead of OK when viewing the Guide. If it’s a single recording like a film you will get a message at the top of the screen to say your recording has been set. If it’s a series you will then get a small pop up at the bottom of the screen asking if you would like to record single or series, you will then get confirmation that you recording has been set.

I have a T2 as well and I have never had a film record twice on either machine.

What's interesting in your post is the part about 'The Latest Software'. Thanks to the custom software I was able to stop Humax updating my box OTA. Maybe that's the solution. The early firmware was actually reasonably good but the 'latest' firmware is full of bugs.
I use both HDR-FOX T2's 1.03.12 and 1.02.20 software. If I setup any 'tests' I try to do it and the latest version so that any results are comparable with what most others use. Also unless C/F or RS may be relevent I try to set tests up without the WebIf or RS.

I find it much easier to just press the Record button instead of OK when viewing the Guide. If it’s a single recording like a film you will get a message at the top of the screen to say your recording has been set. If it’s a series you will then get a small pop up at the bottom of the screen asking if you would like to record single or series, you will then get confirmation that you recording has been set.

Back in March both ITV2 and ITV4 were defining their split films as also being part of a series. Looking at the metadata for next 8 days theyare not currently doing this.

There are a few split films that are repeated within the next 7 days where the repeat has the same CRID. You could try recording one of these to see what happens.

ITV4's The Enforcer is the first to have its repeat.

Also available for experimentation are:
ITV2 The Hobbit: The Battle of the...
ITV2 The Amazing Spider-Man
5Star Bruce Almighty
5Star Along Came Polly
5Star Silence of the Lambs

Sony Movie Channel and movies4men and also have some split films with repeats but for these channels extra recordings of the repeats do not occur as they use a different CRID for the repeat :eek:.
True Movies use a different CRID for part 1 and part 2 :eek::eek: and omit the split tag :eek:, which means that for their split films not only extra recordings of the repeats do not occur but recording of the other part of the film won't occur unless a separate schedule is set.

@Luke Maybe the reason I have never had any repeats is that I have only ever recorded them from the main 5 channels as I very rarely watch anything else :D

Currently on holiday so cannot do any testing ag the moment but interesting to know.

I'm going to try that.

Back